The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Bogging down under boost?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 78

Car Bogging down under boost?

I was on my way to work today, doing about 40 on the ramp to get on the freeway. When i accelerated under boost, i felt the car hesitate like it was bogging on me so i let off. Right after i got a code P0303, maybe the plugs?
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

3rd cylinder misfire...I would def check plugs and wires. Also if you have an AFR gauge how were the numbers and do a compression check as well on all cylinders.

how many miles you got on it ron? plugs, coils, and wires replace them if needed

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

84K on the car, about 10K after the turbo with these NGK plugs/wires. That might be it, i'll pull them this weekend, never swapped them before should be a fun lesson haha.
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Check your plugs first to see what condition each one is in. Its very simple to take the spark plugs out and put back in. Just make sure everything goes back the way it was....VERY IMPORTANT!!!

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Sounds like what i was having where the spark was being blown out. Change the plugs.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    If those doesn't work, check the head light fluids. Those could be a ish to do. good luck :p

Now my car started to bog down so bad, i cant drive it anymore. Also at idle its getting VERY lean 16.1 etc. If i rev up, it feels like its in limp mode.

I removed the plugs, this is the result. think its just the plugs or something more? I have to order some tube-seals.

13 GTR

Anybody?
    13 GTR

needs new tube seals. plug #3 looks like it ran a little hotter than the rest. and youre missing the tip of spark plug #4. lol

Yeah #4 is missing the tip, wondered how that happened. Tube seals are only sold only at dealer? or can i get them from pepboys.
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you can get them at your local store...they come with the valve cover gasket kit. i dont think i payed more then $15 for my v6 when i changed everything.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If the tip of #4 is missing it could have burned up from being so hot. When the tuner killed my old motor on the dyno, all 4 plugs were toasted, no electrode or anything left, it looked like a screw.

It might be as simple as changing the plugs and/or coils. When the car was running good did it normally run rich? My car ran rich like 12.8-13.5 while in vacuum and I killed a set of NKG BPR7ES's in about 150 miles. I was misfiring, the car wouldnt idle, at one point it wouldnt even start, new plugs, all problems went away. You may want to also try going down one level to a colder plug too.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks for the info guys, Ill pick up the gasket this week. Stewi the car did run rich, 12.4-14.3. I had these current plugs for about 2+ years or so. In the last couple months, i did notice misfiring, but just shock it off. I guess this was the issue all along then. Yeah ill try 1 level down plugs aswell. Also its better to replace all 4 plugs? compared to just 1 or 2?
    13 GTR

Yeah always replace them as a set.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    2 years is a long time for plugs in a turbo car. Replace them with a set of NGK plugs one step colder and correctly gapped.
    7g for life!

Currently im using the NGK colder Plugs BKR7E, So go down to the BKR8E? The gap is .039 -.043 correct?

Since were on this topic, how many miles do you guys usually replace your plugs?
    13 GTR

since they are soo cheap, usually do it twice a year

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Thats a big gap. I gap mine around .030
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Mine are gapped to .028

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast