The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Bogging down under boost?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 78 of 78
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Ron are you sure your timing belt didnt jump and skip a few teeth? After watching the 2nd video, I hear alot of noise from the valve train, sounds like pistons kissing the valves.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Pulled the top cover tonight, everything looks good? How can i manually turn the belt? Im guessing that middle socket? clockwise? Anything i should look for brian to indicate skipping? Thanks for helping me problem solve this man, I truly appreciate it since i would be lost without your help.

Last edited by IceDouTGaLanT; 09-06-2010 at 11:11 PM
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

By the first video and looking at the RPM above 1500. It seems you have a big vacuum leak somewhere in the Intake mani. Is that the stock I4 Intake mani? If it is there is your problem. Check intake mani for any cracks and vacuum hoses. Also i would check, MAF, IAC, TPS sensors too. And like Stewi said double check belt and the internal parts, it also sounds like a bad lifter.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-06-2010 at 11:33 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Ron there is a slot for a 1/2" drive ratchet on the crank gear bolt. yes you want to spin it clockwise. Ideally, you need to remove the lower timing cover as well so that you can check the alignment of the crank gear and balance shaft gear. As to what Isaurio said, it could be a lifter, but that noise is LOUD, I have never heard a lifter that loud, unless its a few lifters. If the timing checks out, do a boost leak test to find any leaks.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks to Brian (Stewi) & Aaron (Qnz) which made the 2.5hr drive to DE today, We figured out the issue with the car. After doing some tests (Boost leak, Plugs, Injectors, Timing) & being stumped by the mysterious marks on bank 1 plugs, we found the verdict. The car has a serious issue with detonation, seems like I need her re-tuned ASAP. My starter is taking a poop which I will address this weekend, hopefully the shop can re-tune by mod. Luckly, the car runs great when its out of boost so ill be at MOD regardless! Thanks guys for the help, i truly appreciate it!
    13 GTR

Dam that very nice bro.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

No problem Ron. We hate seeing people lose interest in the car over stupid and sometimes easily fixable problems. The good thing is we figured it out before you passed the point of no return. See you at MOD!
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    No problem Ron. We hate seeing people lose interest in the car over stupid and sometimes easily fixable problems. The good thing is we figured it out before you passed the point of no return. See you at MOD!
    quoted for truth! Thanks for lunch

somebody drive to minnesota so i can get my car figured out lol
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

lmao or me i think we all need some help XD.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Glad you guys were able to figure it out

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

YAY!!!! way to help him out guys!!!
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Replaced Sensor for Air/Fuel Gauge, took a shit

The shop think my 02 sensor is going bad, never replaced it. OEM spec is $150 at dealer ouch! anybody recommended an online store? They say the tune looks good, but will double check on dyno, but want to get this sensor in 1st.
    13 GTR

I got a denso one from rockauto, for like 65 or 85. with the clip, but you can get one for like 45 but you have to wire it on yourself

i can get a direct oem replacement from orielly auto parts my cost is 48 bucks because i work there if you paypal me money i could prolly hook u up?
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Experienced TGC Member
    Denso is the factory sensor, im thoroughly convinced. Rock auto has the best prices on them that i know of.

Quote Originally Posted by allrice4g64 View Post
    i can get a direct oem replacement from orielly auto parts my cost is 48 bucks because i work there if you paypal me money i could prolly hook u up?
    Thanks bro! i will hit you with a PM this monday:

Other news: My Air/Fuel gauge took a shit out the blue, It loads up then reads ---, My shop figured lets try new one out the box and swap the gauge it self, and it WORKS?.. wtf same harness, sensor just new gauge. Shop cut me a deal on a new ugeo, I was already paying $95 for the sensor installed, instead they just charged me $195 for another ugeo. I can keep the extra wire harness or sell it on ebay.
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    Thanks bro! i will hit you with a PM this monday:

Other news: My Air/Fuel gauge took a shit out the blue, It loads up then reads ---, My shop figured lets try new one out the box and swap the gauge it self, and it WORKS?.. wtf same harness, sensor just new gauge. Shop cut me a deal on a new ugeo, I was already paying $95 for the sensor installed, instead they just charged me $195 for another ugeo. I can keep the extra wire harness or sell it on ebay.
    thats what they cost nowadays. Widebands about 3 years ago were really expensive, I remember when the Uego setup was about $350, now they are under $200 retail
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234