The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Car Bogging down under boost?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 78
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    Brian, you wanna take a ride out to Delaware this weekend? Its 2 hrs from NYC. Not too bad.
    Ehhh. If its the tune tho, I dont know SHIT about emanage, if he had AEM I could mess with it a little, but Emanage is foreign to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

it beats trying to guess whats wrong his car from over the internets

Experienced TGC Member
    When you removed the plugs are you sure you wired the plugs up correctly? I swear my car did that same exact shit when i first did my turbo build and like a jack ass i crossed 2 of the plug wires. Afr was lean, rich, blah blah blah all over the place. That ticking is from the cylnders not firing correctly. Good luck

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Is the fuel pump stock?
    7g for life!

yeah, i marked all wires before removing them. The same issue was happing before the swap of plugs.

Seth, I have an Walbro 255 LPH Fuel Pump
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    Maybe u have a bad coil. Good luck man.

I been thinking its the coilpacks, im trying to locate some which I can test. I remember alot of user's had issues with emange +coilpacks frying, which i never did. But maybe now that might be the issue. Been running the same coilpacks for 90K miles, +2yrs of boost
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Maybe its time to go Evo 8 ECU. I have a spare on sitting on my desk right now you can have for free. (just kidding Jesus!!) It belongs to galantfan88. lol[/QUOTE]

HAHA I just saw this right now, your to damn funny Aaron.lol

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    I been thinking its the coilpacks, im trying to locate some which I can test. I remember alot of user's had issues with emange +coilpacks frying, which i never did. But maybe now that might be the issue. Been running the same coilpacks for 90K miles, +2yrs of boost
    I would deff look at the coil packs bc thats a pretty good amount of miles on the coil packs and 2 years of boost...yeah I would look at the coil packs one of them might be fried. I may be wrong but dosnt hurt.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    rpn i have the stock coilpacks still from my brithers car when i parted it out. as well as magnecore wires if you want to switch them out as well.

shoot me a call or a pm and if you want them ill give you a good deal

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    yeah the last SOHC valve cover I removed from an 8g was GoldGalant-REBORN's car. It took me about 45 minutes to get all the old pieces of valve cover gasket out of the valve cover because it was stuck, I ened up using a small flathead screw driver and a torch to heat it up.
    on my v6 it took me about 1 1/2 hours to get one out. ended up messing up the valve cover n had to get another. why do they stick so bad? my g is the only ive worked out that had this problem.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

back to life=

16:1 afr is scary-death for a f/i car man. but that's lean, i would be more worried about the fuel system/tuning than ignition at this point. rich will bog & flood & die, but usually not enough to actually hydrolock and cause damage, super lean conditions, however, blow sh*t up on a regular basis...

love to get an update on what really happened?

The car is still down, waiting on receiving my new coilpacks. I doubt its a tuneing issue, either fuel or ignition. The car ran great on this current tune for 2+ years with no issues with lean/rich, and just suddenly last month i experienced few backfire's and then this whole stuttering issue happened where car cant be driven. Hopefully its an simple fix *fingers crossed* maybe when you TGC nyc guys stop down for eastcoast mod, you can swing by its 30 mins from my house?
    13 GTR

Ron if there is still a problem with it when mod comes let me know. I will def try to help you out while im down there.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Update: Installed new coilpacks + magnacore wires

Had to replace battery since it drained, thanks optima for the 3yr warranty!

Started car, AFR=16.0 and sounds like a tractor still. I just dont get it arghh! Would bad fuel cause this problem?
    13 GTR

Ron can you take some video of it, or anything with sound? How does it sound if you rev it a little to lets say like 2,000?

It could be bad fuel, if you can drain the fuel great, if not, I would go to a speedshop or local track and get like 5 gallons of 100 or 110 and mix it in, that might help it a bit if the old gas has alot of moisture.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

wait it sounds like a tractor? have you check to see if your sparking on all your plugs cause our engine sounds like a tractor or lawnmower when it runs on 2-3 cylinders when my ecu fried it sound like a lawnmower cause i was only running 2 cylinder cause the black/blue ignition wire from ecu pin 11 was feeding 5v even though the wire is supposed to be a ground check the black/blue and the white blue wires from your coil packs to make sure they are grounding properly if your not sparking on a few if your sparking then check your injectors maybe your only getting fuel to a few cylinders or a bit less in one or 2 causing leaner overall conditions i had one of my injector seals get screwed up on me and my egt skyrocketed. and it wasnt a big leak either.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Hey Brian, i will try to get a clip this week. Best i could describe it under 2K is like its on maybe 2-3 cylinders.

Reikets- Thats sounds just about right to whats going on. I never checked voltage, im guessing a standard volt meter is all i need?
    13 GTR

Hope you get your G fixed. Let us know what is going on. Take a video

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

yea if you put the power to the larger wire(power wire) and ground it out to both the other 2 it should read around 11.2-12.whatever XD. make sure the key is in the on position when you do this or it work read anything.if either of them show like a 5.5ish number your prolly having the same problem I did.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Heres the videos requested.

13 GTR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast