The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 GS ecu/ 94-95 ecu swap

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

94 GS ecu/ 94-95 ecu swap

First of all great website! I have learned a lot in the many days and hours I have searched this site. Did the tb upgrade, thanks posters. I have found some pin out info but not everything yet. The question is; What if anything needs to be changed to run a 94 GS 5 speed computer in a 94/95 sohc 7g auto? Both models have 3 plugs at ecu, and 2 plugs at obdII location also both have high impedance injectors. Coil packs swap necessary?
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 06-17-2010 at 04:34 PM Reason: added info

Anybody have insight on this one?

yes. the easiest way is to swap harnesses or add pins/Wires to the harness for the coil packs/transistor and knock sensor

Also there is a difference in the pinout for pin 82 I think. For Sohc it goes to ground and for Dohc it goes to +12V

http://www.4shared.com/photo/Ln2m1s9...antSOHCp2.html
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thank you I will study it for a few days before I commit. It appears I might be able to use the IAC wires engine side for coil packs(it runs much better disconnected after the tb swap). I have a 1g n/a complete core engine. Is knock sensor needed since no turbo?
    FYI- Mazda B2600 injectors(326cc) work well in my na setup.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whoa, mazda injectors? haha....wow. gonna have to look into those. did you have to compensate for the extra fuel coming in? i'd imagine it would run a little rich
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

The 550 rx7 injectors were too much lots of black smoke and loaded up couldn't rev over 3500rpm. The B2600 injectors are 326cc and work pretty well for me but I am 100% off road and 95% of the time wide open throttle. I have no plumes of black and sparkplugs are consistently med/dark brown(the stock ones were almost white way too lean for me) . If you decide to use them you will need the connectors as well but other than that its plug n play.

I don't think there is a pin 82 on a 3 plug harness. Not sure that I have a mount hole for the knock sensor. I have concluded it is not as simple as it looked at first. It appears I have to run new wires 23,31,38 and 58 to gs ecu. Most other pins seem to match up but I still need to find pinout values on 1g and pinout specs on 1g, gs, & 94-95 7g coil, transistors, cam, crank, and distributor signals. All this studying is making my head hurt. Has anyone tried this before? I usually don't mind a little trial and error but don't really want to fry a rare gs computer.

sorry, theres difference in the wiring of pin 26 and 38
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

are you saying there are too many differences and I shouldn't try it? I studied 26 for quite awhile appears to be ground wire that grounds a few more places is all. According to the diagrams 38 isn't used on the 94-95 sohc.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    The 550 rx7 injectors were too much lots of black smoke and loaded up couldn't rev over 3500rpm. The B2600 injectors are 326cc and work pretty well for me but I am 100% off road and 95% of the time wide open throttle. I have no plumes of black and sparkplugs are consistently med/dark brown(the stock ones were almost white way too lean for me) . If you decide to use them you will need the connectors as well but other than that its plug n play.
    i know EXACTLY what you're talking about. i'm running 100% stock car right now and hte plugs get too white for my taste....not completely white, but they still don't look like that nice med/dark brown.... thx for this
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd