The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CAr turn over

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

CAr turn over

I found the problem i think cause when i start the car the start still turn for 30 second maybe more
    (galant tuner) told me i could be my ingintion switch sticking maybe he is right but anybody know is it easy to change
    Last edited by warren; 06-21-2010 at 01:44 AM

Huh?

You mean the car tried to start itself again on its own?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

yeah without the key on there

Experienced TGC Member
    could be a bad ignition switch??????????????

is that easy to change cause when i turned the key also i put it back all the way and the car start like i pressing the clucth but i not

Experienced TGC Member
    idk how hard it is to do to be honest.. Thats some crazy shit though. You have some really weird issues going on dont u?

like really bad its just too much work but i will still try to fix it

It might be a short to power that the "lock" position is triggering giving the starter a false source of power from a different circuit.

Since the ignition system will only enable the coils/dizzy to produce electricity by going through the "on" position, this might be the reason why it would crank but not completely start.

This issue would also bypass the clutch safety as the starter might be shorting after it causing the starter to recieve 12V and cranking.

Check all your wires and connections, make sure everything is intact, and make sure that no wires are rubbing.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

If it's acting the same after you changed those parts as it was before it is likely an aftermarket alarm system or auto start. Even if you don't think you have one, I have removed a lot of rats nests of tangled wires from hack job installs and it usually solves those type problems. The only other thing it could be is the ignition switch as previously suggested.

Any idea

TGC Regular
    I have a feeling that it would be difficult to do.. Probibly have to take the whole steering column apart. Like 4g63lover said I would cover all other smaller things first. If you have an remote start that is more than likely the problem. Check all your wires and relays first... The problem with changing you ignition switch is that it probibly wont be easy and it will also vbe very expensive.. You need to narrow down the possibilities first...

You could also take it to a priest or somthing it sounds possesed to me! LOL J/K

i go with the priest

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    i would suggest checking ur wires for an alarm first then checking ur ignition,

if it does have or had an alarm before maybe someone is trying to gain access so i would check alarm first
    03 I4

well i checked i really dont have a alarm i wish i had one but i dont

so h/o, it cranks but it doesnt start or it doesnt crank at all
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

no it turns on but without pressing the clutch or turning the key the starter keeps turning when the car is running for 30 second

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ignition switch is easy to change. You have to remove the top and bottom steering column covers, then two bolts for the ignition switch and connector.

The ignition switch sends signal to the park neutral safety switch(on auto cars) which sends signal to the starter to trigger a start. Once you stop cranking the motor with the key, the signal is stopped.

This is what it looks like:
    7g for life!

alright thank

its either the ign switch sticking or the starter coil doesnt release the shaft on time
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

ok i found out what wrong with that