The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What is the stock ride height?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What is the stock ride height?

I never measured the stock ride height before tearing the car down so long ago. Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the ground or center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch on the front and rear?
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    I never measured the stock ride height before tearing the car down so long ago. Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the ground or center of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch on the front and rear?
    i will go do it right now. my rear may be a little lower as i have a full tank and a jack in the back
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

15" up front from the center of the axle and 25.5" in back from the ground as i can center it perfectly with how the fwd rear hub is so id say anywhere from 25.5-26.5 as i have the jack

also this is with the stock 15s
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I have an 8g and mine was 27 f/r before my drop

Awesome dude, thanks :) I drastically changed the way my coilovers are set up and want to get the ride height close to stock when the car goes back together next week.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

no problem man
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i love stock ride height in the back, slightly lower in the front, nothing is better, especially for the bodykit
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

My primary concerns are ground clearance and suspension geometry. The driveway going into my garage is a steep angle and the car can high center if it isn't up enough. The other thing is that the car's suspension was optimized by the factory engineers to work at the factory height. By lowering the car the geometry is changed and the suspension can't work the way it is designed to. GixxerDrew, owner of the ridiculously fast 2g Spyder on DSMTuners, runs his car at stock height if that means anything to anyone here.