The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGR parts; what is what?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

EGR parts; what is what?

1st post - please help....

01 3.0
    was getting a P0403 (EGR Circuit Flow Malfunction) - so I replaced the EGR Solenoid Valve (see link to pic below - small brown valve on Right)

Now I'm getting a P0401 (Insufficient EGR Flow)

Can someone tell me what is the part on the Left? (see link to pic below)

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ek+Google+Base

I've been searching online what seems like forever and can't find an answer as to how to fix this. The EGR valve seems to be working fine (when I manually adjust it, the engine begins to hesitate)

Should I clean the EGR ports in the intake? I'm in NY and can't pass inspection because of this.

It's pretty much annoying the hell out of me at this point.

Any hep would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Last edited by 01LS_NY; 06-23-2010 at 01:04 PM

Update

I removed the EGR Valve and inspected it very carefully. It looks like the seal is deteriorating around the edge which will not allow a vacuum seal.

I'm going to take my chances and order a new one. The cheapest I have found is from RockAuto @ $85 shipped including the gasket.

I am praying this is the issue. I will post an update once installed...

Where is this part located? I was thinking on the intake plenum somewhere. Not sure what you mean when you say the gasket is bad. The seal from the hose to this part? Can't really help without more info.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Where is this part located? I was thinking on the intake plenum somewhere. Not sure what you mean when you say the gasket is bad. The seal from the hose to this part? Can't really help without more info.
    When I removed the EGR Valve from the back of the manifold, I noticed that the diaphragm on the inside of the EGR valve was falling apart around the edge. So I'm assuming this is why I am having 'insufficient EGR flow'..

I don't recall saying the gasket was bad. The diaphragm is what I referred to as the seal..

I had a P0401 code, I replaced the two vacuum tubes on the Throttle Body (A, E). Code turned off by itself, may not be the same situation for you, but that's what I did. 03 I4.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Hey Im getting this same P0401 code ever since I swapped to the Outlander Intake Mani. Changed the two hoses on the top of the TB & it didnt help. The place I bought the Mani from did an EGR test on it to show me it was working, but now Im getting this code. Im wondering if I caused some dirt to clog up the EGR when I sprayed the mani with Carb cleaner before I installed it. Was I supposed to remove the EGR before doing that? What do you guys think? Should I just remove the EGR & inspect it? Or could it be something else???
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

If the valve tested ok,the egr solenoid might be the cause,as it controls the valve.Not sure how to test it though.Maybe use jumper wires to energize the solenoid and see how it reacts.This is a guess,I may be way off.The egr system won't operate at idle,so it's kinda hard to test.

Would a volt meter work on the solenoid?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Well me & my buddy figured out what the problem was yesterday with my check engine light. We did vacuum testing and used a volt meter to test the vacuum control valve solenoid's. Turns out I had installed my TB gasket upside down, and it caused one of the vacuum ports to leak air. SMH, flipped it right side up and everything is working golden now. I was in too big of a hurry to get it done, & just slapped it on there thinking it looked rt, but it wasnt. Lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by 01LS_NY View Post
    1st post - please help....

01 3.0
    was getting a P0403 (EGR Circuit Flow Malfunction) - so I replaced the EGR Solenoid Valve (see link to pic below - small brown valve on Right)

Now I'm getting a P0401 (Insufficient EGR Flow)

Can someone tell me what is the part on the Left? (see link to pic below)

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts/...ek+Google+Base

I've been searching online what seems like forever and can't find an answer as to how to fix this. The EGR valve seems to be working fine (when I manually adjust it, the engine begins to hesitate)

Should I clean the EGR ports in the intake? I'm in NY and can't pass inspection because of this.

It's pretty much annoying the hell out of me at this point.

Any hep would be appreciated...

Thanks
    its very unlikely, but check the tube that connects the header and EGR/Intake manifold. It could be clogged. This is v6 right?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

YESS another New yorker TGC brother xD

Just do what everybody does pay like 20$ extra and you dont have to put it on the machine