The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brakes

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

brakes

I just put on a set of 3000gt dual piston front calipers, cross drilled slotted rotors, ceramic pads, braided lines, and prop valve out of a 1g diamante. I have bled 2 big bottles of dot 3 fluid through. Pedal gets nice and firm, but as soon as my car is running the pedal gets spongy. I try bleeding again and no air comes out. Any ideas? It wasn't like this before I got these brakes from DOHCstuner, and I don't want to go back to my stocks.

Does your 7g have abs? The Diamante probably had 4 wheel disc, and if you don't have rear disc I would recommend you put the 7g prop valve back on.

The diamante did not have abs. I made sure to check before I pulled the prop valve. This problem was happening even with my 7g prop valve. I only switched it to see if it would make a difference. As far as my rear brakes go, they are drums at the moment. My rotors just arrived today, so my rear disc swap will be complete very soon, and I know you need to swap the prop valve for that. I used the diamante prop valve because it runs dual pot fronts and single pot rear calipers. 2g does not.

If you have abs on your 7g and compressed the piston without opening the bleeder it is possible to contaminate the abs unit. It is an extremely expensive mistake, may not mess up every time but why take a chance. Is the Diamante 9? unit a direct fit?

My g does not have and either.

I also have the squishy problem. Even with my EVO Brembos,

My fix was a new Master Cylinder. It doesn't have to fail or be leaking to be bad.

I bet if you are driving, and you pump the pedal a few times the brakes will be hard and engage up at the top like they are supposed to, yes?

My master cylinder is 17 years old.
    Odds are.... yours is on its way out as well.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I bet if you are driving, and you pump the pedal a few times the brakes will be hard and engage up at the top like they are supposed to, yes?
    You hit the nail right on the head. I have another master I could try, if that dont fix it then I will replace it and go from there.