The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oem mudflaps, coilovers or lowering spings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    notice that he said AGX, not GR-2. The GR-2 can be found for a hell of a lot cheaper than the AGX
    QFT

although personally I wouldn't bother with the AGX...for a few reasons

-They don't drop you as low
    -They're still full length so even with adjustable stiffness they aren't much better at dealing with lowering than GR-2
    -They're significantly more expensive

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    KYB claims that they can handle a 1.5" drop. I don't think they say anything about the GR-2, as they are supposed to be similar to OEM replacements. True they don't drop me as low (in fact I was very very sad when i switched from my OEM struts to the AGX and saw the car was higher), but I like the extra stiffness that they offer.

In the end though, I wish I just saved for coilovers

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    KYB claims that they can handle a 1.5" drop. I don't think they say anything about the GR-2, as they are supposed to be similar to OEM replacements. True they don't drop me as low (in fact I was very very sad when i switched from my OEM struts to the AGX and saw the car was higher), but I like the extra stiffness that they offer.

In the end though, I wish I just saved for coilovers
    I did as well, but he says comfort is more important than drop.....so I stand by original statement

Wow this is the first time I've made a helpful series of posts in a LONG time haha

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    Wow this is the first time I've made a helpful series of posts in a LONG time haha
    lmfao!!^

For a budget build to regain lost suspension performance I did choose GR-2.
    BUT!!! If I had the money I would have definitely gone with the AGX. The emperical data alone tips the hat in favor, not to even mention all the experience from our senior members here on the forum.

Sphinx
    2000 ES 4G64 ~ Bridgeston Potenza 205/60/15 ~ K&N Typhoon intake/filter ~ KYB GR2/Excel-G ~ CM Springs ~ V6 TB ~ STB OEM 3G Eclipse ~ Drilled Slotted Rotors ~ PrePaid Legal Sticker ~ Graco Car Seat

tein/gr2...highly recommend it for a DD
    I disagree.

I don't recommend KYB GR-2 for DD specialy if you drop on tein springs maybe for some eibach springs but not for tein's. GR-2's are just OEM replacement and they are not made for drop cars. They don't last that long specialy if you DD your car with the GR-2 and tein.

Just save couple more hundreds and get the coilovers.

TURBO= in the making.......

just get EIBACH. least drop and most comfortable.

jashotta1
    ok thanks for the info im convinced to go with the lowering springs and stuts but still confused on what brand is best for the car .........................it crazy cause i just change ma struts about 2 weeks ago

jashotta1
    so anyone know were i could buy the stock mudflaps

Quote Originally Posted by jashotta1 View Post
    ok thanks for the info im convinced to go with the lowering springs and stuts but still confused on what brand is best for the car .........................it crazy cause i just change ma struts about 2 weeks ago
    just go with EIBACH PRO KIT, part# 6028.140; lowers front 1.2" and rear 1.0". since the drop is so mild, you will not need to replace your struts (especially if they are essentially brand new) and the ride softness will be closest to stock.

blue8g
    ^what he said....I said tein originally, but no way I'm going against one of the guys who knows this platform better than anyone

jashotta1
    great thanks man one other thing ......................see i had bad experience with ebay stuff so i dont want to get it from there do you know were i could get sOME GOOD ONES

blue8g

Quote Originally Posted by jashotta1 View Post
    great thanks man one other thing ......................see i had bad experience with ebay stuff so i dont want to get it from there do you know were i could get sOME GOOD ONES
    lol did you not see my post saying i have a part out. i have rear flaps for you. you may buy..

jashotta1
    thanks guys will buy them by this weekend

Like a lot of people have said, KYB GR-2's and Tein S-Techs are a great combo, this is what I'm riding on, I love it, but that's just my experience. Got all springs and struts off ebay, no problems.

Rizzo, you have PM's homie :D
    So I assume you're bisexual then? you look like vin diesel..so you must like the cock
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Lol, are you hitting on me?

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I love how relax just settles things immediately...true wisdom is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I love how relax just settles things immediately...true wisdom is priceless
    If TGC had a "like" button, I would click this post lol.
    So I assume you're bisexual then? you look like vin diesel..so you must like the cock
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Lol, are you hitting on me?

I will have to agree with the other members with the KYB AGX and tein's. Before I had tein's spring with stock shocks and is big NO NO for that, shocks did not last 3 month especially in NYC. I did not have the money for new shocks. But like 4 months now I rocking the AGX adjustable and WOW WOW big big difference. It holds the drop and is a very stable and comfortable ride. Recommendations tein's and KYB AGX for sure! For the mudflats is rare and best thing is checking junkyard.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Can anybody help me find those OEM mud flaps ?? I really want a set

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12