The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: thinking pistons 2.4dohc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    TGC Regular
    They cant... Seth had a 4g63 in the G when he was running that... I dont think anyone has run that much psi ont a 64 yet...

seth was also on a 14b and not a 50mm turbo......

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes, and 20psi.

XXL4g64, I dont think you quite fully understand how things work. I would recommend having a shop build your engine for you.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    Im not trying to start a argument but i feel this is kinda on the false side, the diameter of the piston could be off more then .001" and the engine would be fine im pretty sure even if they where like .010 of you would still be fine. Im just saying this because you gap your rings to fit the bore and all the ring gaps are like .015-.030 and the rings are there to keep everything moving smoothly, the piston dia is critical but to a point. Yes 4g63 pistons will not work in a 64 block and no you are not going to end up hoaning out 1mm of material, at most when hoaning you will take out a few thousandth's and that's about it, if you bore the cylinder out then yes you can take out as much as you please and match them to the rings that you gaped for the piston that is going in.

Brian if i read what you where saying wrong im sorry i know you know your shit.

That was more me trying to explain to him that tolerances are critical. No .0001 isnt going to kill a motor, but I wanted him to grasp the concept of how important it is not to fuck this up and let someone who knows what they are doing tell him which pistons to order.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    That was more me trying to explain to him that tolerances are critical. No .0001 isnt going to kill a motor, but I wanted him to grasp the concept of how important it is not to fuck this up and let someone who knows what they are doing tell him which pistons to order.
    Yea and its not helping that they are ignoring what we are saying I agree with Seth let a shop do all your work

1996 galant s

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yea and its not helping that they are ignoring what we are saying I agree with Seth let a shop do all your work
    Hell I know what im doing and I let the machine shop put my bottom end together. There is too much info, tools and experience needed to do it right. Not to mention a clean room to assemble it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Hell I know what im doing and I let the machine shop put my bottom end together. There is too much info, tools and experience needed to do it right. Not to mention a clean room to assemble it in.
    Oh hell yea, if i did not have my grandfather who has been building engines for 30 years ( built short track engines) i would have had my bottom end done at a shop, i had the head done at a shop him and i just assembled the bottom end.

1996 galant s

I didn't want to make a new post but everything going good all my parts here so in. I got Manley 87mm +5. About 4 weeks I'm going to have the motor in the car and have it tune and I'm just run a 16g for this year don't want to go crazy with it. ( 4G63head/64block )

Oh hell yea, if i did not have my grandfather who has been building engines for 30 years ( built short track engines) i would have had my bottom end done at a shop, i had the head done at a shop him and i just assembled the bottom end.
    U know what sucks about this all this time the guy building having did anything and the dealer toke a month to get me the Timing belt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12