The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New Tires

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar

New Tires

I'm due for 2 new ones for now 225/45/17's

I've been on Eagle Gt's for about year now and got about 23k out of them,which is ok i wasn't expecting to get a lot out of them,but I'd really rather not buy a another set,wasn't amazed at all with rain performance

anybody run the new Yokohama AVID Envigor? treadwear rate is 560 vs my eagle gt's 420 which is really appealing since i'll be doing alot of highway driving..and more tread depth for rain

I know Greddy Recommended Eagle F1 Allseasons last time I was getting tires but bad reviews are pretty widespread for them

Toyo proxes 4 are great all seasons you are in Florida though and thus you probably don't get super cold weather may I suggest the toyo t1r its a 3 season tire I drive with it year round unless there is heavy snow. Amazing wet grip I posted that track day video that was on these tires and there was plenty of standing water and I had no issues. They are quiet on the freeway and I have yet to make them hydroplane here in the rainapacific Northwest
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

hows the wear on toyo t1r?

The Eagle GTs should have a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty, unless you didn't rotate the tires and make sure your alignment is good. I would check with your local Goodyear dealer to check about that.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Conti Extreme Contact DW is the tits at the current moment.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    The Eagle GTs should have a 50,000 mile treadlife warranty, unless you didn't rotate the tires and make sure your alignment is good. I would check with your local Goodyear dealer to check about that.
    alignments good,just didn't rotate them

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Conti Extreme Contact DW is the tits at the current moment.

i'll check it out