The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

New Outlander coming in the fall. Enjoy!

Mitsubishi's new five-seat Outlander Sport is the latest in a growing segment of ultra-small crossovers that includes models like the upcoming Nissan Juke and Mini Cooper Countryman. It's offered with a choice of front- or all-wheel drive and will be available in base ES and upper-level SE trim levels when it hits dealerships in fall.

The design connection between Mitsubishi's larger Outlander crossover and the new Outlander Sport is clearly evident in the front ends of these two models. Both feature Mitsubishi's distinctive trapezoidal grille that's bisected by the bumper, and the slit-like headlights are even a little similar. Overall, the Outlander Sport is about 14 inches shorter than the Outlander. The Outlander Sport's front fenders are made of dent-resistant plastic, and the ES trim level has standard 16-inch wheels and low-rolling-resistance tires, LED taillights and heated side mirrors. The SE trim adds 18-inch alloy rims, fog lamps and high-intensity-discharge headlights.

Outlander Sports come with front bucket seats and a 60/40-split folding backseat with a pass-through to the cargo area. Standard features include air conditioning, cruise control, steering-wheel audio controls, a tilt/telescoping steering wheel, USB and auxiliary inputs, and Mitsubishi's Fuse system that features Bluetooth for phone calls and audio streaming. SE trims add automatic climate control, automatic headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers and heated front seats. A Navigation Package and a Premium Package, which includes a panoramic glass roof and a Rockford Fosgate audio system, are optional for SE models.

The Outlander Sport is powered by a 148-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder that teams with a five-speed manual or a continuously variable automatic transmission with paddle shifters that simulate gear changes. The available all-wheel-drive system includes a Lock mode for particularly slippery driving conditions.

Standard safety features include antilock brakes, an electronic stability system, side-impact airbags for the front seats, side curtain airbags and a driver's knee airbag.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    that looks so cute!

wheels are way too small for a vehicle that size. Dont like the front. Engine is too small, overall looks like a great recipe for an A-B daily, but not my cup o' tea.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    wheels are way too small for a vehicle that size. Dont like the front. Engine is too small, overall looks like a great recipe for an A-B daily, but not my cup o' tea.
    Its SMALLER than the regular Outlander, and it is running the same size wheels as the Lancer (18"), likely the same size tires as the full size Outlander. That is the reason they look small on the Outy Sport. 150hp should scoot this little CUV around quite nicely.

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    the tailights look like from an IS

lol, i saw one parked by my house, first time

Cute
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Ehhh...its a nice looking SUV but what really kills me is the amount of HP thats under the hood. If im ganna drive an SUV with 5 to 6 people in the car and what ever else is in the trunk, Im ganna need alil more power that to pull cuz 148 hp really is not ganna due it for me.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

I kinda like it.

So is this going to be a replacement of the full size or just an optional Outlander?

It may have answered it but i was too lazy to read.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Ehhh...its a nice looking SUV but what really kills me is the amount of HP thats under the hood. If im ganna drive an SUV with 5 to 6 people in the car and what ever else is in the trunk, Im ganna need alil more power that to pull cuz 148 hp really is not ganna due it for me.
    Yea it might be low on power, but remember it is 14 inches shorter than the standard Outlander. It isn't meant to be huge on power, but I'm sure if it takes off they'll make one that is more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    I kinda like it.

So is this going to be a replacement of the full size or just an optional Outlander?

Optional. It is designed to compete with the Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Tucson small-CUVs.

Found some higher resolution pictures.

And I altered the color

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I'd rock it. Even in that funky blue color

Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    i agree. IMO an SUV is pointless if you cant take it off-road. i like the look other than the fact that it looks too much like an evo. a lot of companies are making all their cars look similar to each other, i prefer variety.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    [QUOTE=RedGalant2k1;600797]Yea it might be low on power, but remember it is 14 inches shorter than the standard Outlander. It isn't meant to be huge on power, but I'm sure if it takes off they'll make one that is more powerful.

Well I guess Im just ganna have to boost it.lol

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Like 03-Galant-ES said not my cup o tea! LOL But no one can front though. If you were presented with this you would take it I know I would. But to buy it for myself I would say no.LOL

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    I kinda like it.

I saw you in Lexington the other day. Can't remember where. I thought it was your car. I'm now sold on that plug and play projector retrofit you did.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I think those look badass. I'd actually rock one. The engine size is perfect for a vehicle that size. Yeah a 2.4 would bring more torque, but at the sacrifice of fuel efficiency.

My sister is in the market for this size of a cuv. Other choices? Rav4 and crv. I'd rock the mitsu hands down.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Lowered it looks like a wagon.

As a competitor to the CRV and Rav-4... Where the hell have you been over the last five years, Mitsu!? They should have come out with this many moons ago. It just feels like they are playing catch up.

Overall I like the look. I don't love it, but I'm ok with it.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast