The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Sport Edition SW

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 53 of 53
    Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Man I don't know what I would do if I had a black legnum. The car is gorgeous and I have always had a soft spot for wagons ! Keep up the good work man, The car is spectacular

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    Man I don't know what I would do if I had a black legnum. The car is gorgeous and I have always had a soft spot for wagons ! Keep up the good work man, The car is spectacular
    Thanks for the overwhelming words on my car. Since i bought my first G in 2000, i always wanted a G8 wagon. And now i have it :)

The only thing i wish was different is that I wish it was a VR-4. But you can't get them road legal in Norway :(

Small update today. Mounted the subs and started on the amplifier rack. More pics will come later.

Some updates again. Dont seems like much, but took me most of the day. Sadly i just had my phone at hand when i was done.

Cut the trays under the floor in 2, put fabric on it and made the amplifier lower. This is cause it was too high to fit in the tray. Made a cutout and made a lower plate underneath for the amplifier.

With the floor in place:

Still have to make a rack for 2 amplifiers and other stuff in the spare wheel well:

And change all the speaker.

Finally i have gotten the time to continue with this :)

Updates general:

*Mounted my Super canards (Replica). Sweet :)

*Cleared my gauge needles, ready for blue lights and new faceplates :)

Sound sytem:

Been ages since last update here, but this project is finally gone forward again after a long time dormant.

I made new plates for the speakers both in the front and rear, the rear ones where wrng size and the front ones did not have space for the magnet. So i made new ones of plywood (I think that is what it is called in english). Also put baffles on the rear of the speakers, just to protect them a bit more. The baffles where too long, so they would hit the window. I shortened them and used the front end as a "gasket" between the speaker and the wood.

The rear speakers, Ultimate T2 5,25"

The Front speakers, Ultimate T3 5,25" component set. The tweeters got glued to the tweeter covers, since my car did not originally have speaker, and i missed the tweeter bracket. I only ordered the covers.

Made a new bracket to hold both my air filter and the fuse for the sound system. Looks good in my opinion :)

Hopefully i get the time to do more tomorrow, but i am also trying to figure out what is wrong with my powerwindows, changing the faceplates of the gauges and mounting UTCOM.
    Last edited by LudviG; 06-21-2012 at 12:19 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Looks great!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks. Here are som more updats:

Better pics of the canards

New faces for the dials. Sadly i have no pics of it finished yet

Made a new rear tray to house 2 amps. This is from the measuring and adjustment period

Rounding the corners to make it look better when i put fabric on it.

I also put some more hardware on the front tray. This cant be lifted anymore, so stuff i dont want to touch alot goes there.

love the canards. Fiberglass or OEM. They look OEM to me. How much you pay for them if they are OEM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Looks good :-)
    Why update here only and not on our own forums? :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    love the canards. Fiberglass or OEM. They look OEM to me. How much you pay for them if they are OEM
    They are fibreglass, made by a guy over at ClubVR4. OEM's would cost a lot guess, they are rare!

Quote Originally Posted by ShiZnitH View Post
    Looks good :-)
    Why update here only and not on our own forums? :-P
    Thanks. It has been an update on our forums too, just look for it :)

Finally found the time to do some more with the sound system. Before today the speaker ran off the head unit, and only subwoofers had amp. Now i gotten the 2 amps for the speakers in, in their own tray. I ran the power and signal cables, and hopefully i will connect the speakers to the amps later today. And then it is just the sound adjustment left, wich tend to take alot of time.

Underside of the inner tray. Not the cleanest setup, but it works. And since it is hidden i cant be arsed to make it look better

With the inner tray down it looks alot better

With both trays down, it start to look good imo. I am hapy with the setup, and the original floor fits perfect

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123