The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Legnum Super VR-4

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 51 of 51
    Loving the 3 spoke wheels!
    I got a question for you.

I got the black and blue seat but with a diffrent headrest.
    Is it airbag in both seats? I want those Recaro seats aswell but the EU spec Galants has side impact airbags so i need that before swithing seats

AFAIK only the leather (and only some of the leather seats) came with the side airbags.
    I had a UK spec V6 Galant estate (before this super) that had the full bag of tricks, including these airbag/heated full electric front seats.

I do how ever have a set of these said seats (in cream)..... but somehow i dont think its gonna be cheap to send them over to you guys!
    1998 Legnum Super VR-4, Red, 16/28, Silver, 59/283

We can get seats cheap from sweden :) Gonna buy black leather seats. Only doin it for the looks since i actual hate sitting on leather
    Tnx for the help :)
    And i dont realy like cream coloured leather seats

well now.... its been a very long time since this was last updated.
    A lot has happened since the last post, some good, the rest not so good.

Lets start with the good shell we?

After swapping my galant for this beast, i kept the evo style bonnet. but it was in black.. and since black bonnets and red cars seem to be the in thing, i thought why not! lets go put it on.

and hey presto, here she is with the bonet, not only dose it look good, but it has help massivly with the cooling, cos as some may know just how hot these engines can get, and for people who dont, lets put it this way... you CAN cook, sauages, burgers, bacon and eggs on the engine

As you can see, some stickers were added on also.

we have this little monster on the canards

this down the doors

And if anyone wants to know what it reads, it DONT say number 57, chicken chowmain!
    It reads "Vampire"

and this is one on the spoiler

That is the good bit.

Now..... (please bear in mind this is worse then you think and this has not phased me in the slightest)

This is how she sits.....

The merc in the background is one of our other cars (we have a fleet of 11)

As i said, she looks worse then what she really is.
    the lights removed and put safe, the bonnet, skirts, spoiler and grill have all been sent away to have moulds made of them and they will be back in due course.

The real damage is this.... :(

The prop snapped and got wedged on a drain, bringing the car to a sudden stop, forcing the prop into the floor of the car and making it dance in the middle of the road. lucky it was only at 25mph and not the night before where speeds were reached that would be frowned upon.
    But to the lead up of this, there was no give away as to what it could be, upon deeper inspection it was discovered there was no oil in the transfer case/gearbox and engine. yet 12 weeks prior i sent it away to the ex (as we were still speaking then) for his dad to service the car for me, they took the money and ruiend my car! :evil:
    it is a very sore subject to this date and if i should see them i will not be held responcible for what damage will be done to them.

A year on and the car is still off the road, but the light at the end of the tunnel is now within reach, as come the end of this month she is being collected by a mate of mine and being taken away to his body shop that will be fixing her up, servicing, fresh MOT, and a few other new toys added to the car.

I sent my car away to my ex and I dont know what they did to her, but all i know is that they tried to kill her.
    and they only changed what they knew i could get to, to check. i had a gut feeling that something wasnt right when i got the car back, and he refused to give me any paperwork.
    but i gave him the benfit of the doubt. should of lernt really when he told me he had stopped the affair he was having while i was carrying his child :doubt:
    but all that is now in the past and i now have me a Rob :) Who, after this little thing now refuses to drive the car once she is fixed as he still blames himself (and i still slap him for thinking like that)

The super will be back out to play in aug this year :)
    although i will be sending her to another mates garage to have her resprayed (same colours, just to touch up dents, dings and chips etc...) so i will need to re do the graphics again, i might re think them and maybe add in some more ;)
    She is also having a full custom manerfold and downpipes made up and fitted so i can do a TD04 upgrade, and unlock a few more ponies, as 300BHP just isnt enough!!
    Got news today that my mate up north has just finished the mould for the bonnet and will be posting pics tomorrow.
    I cant wait to have the kit and moulds back, as im getting a full set in CF 8) 8) 8) they WILL be going on the car!
    also thinking of keeping the wheels on her now as i like the look of them and it gives me a chance to find new rims for the tri spokes (as they are a 3 peice split set) so will look for a deep dish ones.
    We fired up our other VR4 last night to move him from one garage to another, (as we just dont feel safe with him in the garage that he got broke into :( ) and oh boy have a i missed the sound of one of these beasts fiering up! it was a perfect messy pants moment

As iv said, she looks worse then she dose, and im not fussed nor fased by this. as i know its not that bad. iv got everything i need to fix her back up.
    just i don thave the right sort of tools to do the floor myself, and to get the hanger for the prop right, as they will need to be 100% spot on or i will be eating them bushes like buggery, and at £56 a pop with a 14 day wait while they come in from Japan..... no thanks.

The restoration project has begun :D

The super was got from the lock up and taken to the garage at the back of my mums where myself and Rob started work on her.

We had to strip her insides and do a bit of work to the engine and breaks to get her ready to be taken away to a body shop, we worked till gone 3am only to be up again for 8am ready to meet the guy picking her up and to follow them to the garage.

For the first time in a year, I get to see this :)

Being loaded up

Bit of a tight fit!

On the drive to the garage

Arrived at the body shop

Ready and waiting for work to start

I have asked the guys at teh garage to try and get some pictures of each stage if they can.

I hope to collect her in a bout a week or so all, fixed and MOTed, just have to tax and insure her then bring her back home to be treated to a full detail inside and out then put on all her super bits, evo style bonnet and extra stuff ;)

Can we say i am a wee tad excited? :D

Just had some news from the garage.

Not what i wanted to hear, but needs must i guess.

In order for them to sort the floor out, a section has to be cut due to tension. but once they have finished, I wont be able to tell.
    And the car will be ready to be collected on Saturday, they cant do the service so it looks like we will have to do this our self, should be fun.... unless i can call upon someone who can undertake this challenge esp the cambelt.

the car has been dropped off at its next point.
    no pics of the work, I will speka with the garage and see if they can email some over, I will do this in the week.

But I do have some from the moment it was delivered to the garage that will undertake the full service.

This was what we saw on the entrance to the place we had to go

This did make us giggle!

Now for the moment she was dropped off :)

This garage is in the back ass end of nowhere in the middle of a wood! talk about secluded :D
    when we got there, after getting lost in the woods! and who would of know a merc C250TD could go off roading!
    there was a couple of skylines (drool) a pulsa, sillycar sorry celica and a few others dotted around the place all awaiting work.
    We said to our friend, that this isnt a rush job, but as long as its done before JAE that would be good :)
    He likes jobs like ours :D

so as and when its done :) but cant do the servicing till we take the oils to him, simple cos mitsi he deals with are being arses about selling oil to him in small quanties.
    thats alright, i will go speak with my local mitsi dealership and sweet talk the parts kiddy ;) wont be too hard as he had a small crisis over my car

So this is what £61.50 worth of oil looks like, engine oil not included....

and a just because.

The work will start in the next week or two now :)

is mazz excited? HELL YEAH BABY!
    Mazz was that excited that i over shot the turning for the yard the garage is in by 3 miles! but its all country roads and we all know how the mazda's love them sort of roads ;)

and this is the latest in the line of updates :)

I had to get out today to clear my head, (as it got a bit over cooked from last night) so i took the spazda 4x4 wanna be and had a nice "spirited" drive up to fairford today to see a very sexy lady who i am madly in love with.
    (if you look closely you will see a black car placed up the side of the brick work, this was my very close mates skyline GTST :( there isnt anything left now, other then this shell of what was once a very powerful road going monster)

upon seeing her, its made me feel some what better. She always makes me feel better, just looking at her dose the job. knowing full well its one, if not the only thing in my life that will always be there for me and not let me down (other then my family of course).

I tried some new shoes on her, well possible new shoes,
    First off are these wolf race numbers.

I dont like the look of them on my car, they might look good on my silver super VR4 (yes i now own the only two super legnums in the UK)

Then I tried these little black and red numbers.
    made by Vaulks

I like these but it all depends if they will fit over the brembo's when i get them.
    they are off a skyline R33 GTR 8)

(hummm im seeing a pattern here with me and vaulks)

Me and Nathen talked a fair while about plans with my car, and we are going to have further chats about a nice little set up he once had in his skyline ;) some may call it "cheat in a bottle", i call it a whole "bottle" of fun :badgrin: and talk prices.
    I also handed him my uprated alternator for my car, as i will be needing it fitted for what the car will be running electrical wise.
    Got a date for when i can go pick her up as well :)
    Now to get all the paper work up together, get tax and sort insurance. Job done, mazz will be happy once more!

Then on to the next stages of her "developing" 8)

Oh and to add to this.... I know own a silver super vr4 estate (wagon)
    that will have its own project postings in due course as we havent done much to it other then get it home :)

Coming along nicely, in for more updates!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

cheers :)

im thanking for the accident in a twisted way as i was getting bored of it, but now... im going over the top and will be racing this car :)
    also as my other daily i have a mazda 323, its a 1.5 but im in the market to get a V6 also in red.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123