The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hard to shift gear

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Hard to shift gear

Hello every one,
    I'm having a problem:
    Comparatively to my experience with other cars, my 2005 galant is a little bit hard to shift from park to drive. It's not as smooth as it should be. The shifting gets harder when the car rolls backward or forward after parking it. Is there something wrong with my transmission or this is common thing with the 2005 galant?

Thank you

That's because the transmission locks on Park when the car rolls on a hill. Before you switch to park on a hill, just pull the hand brake (e-brake) all the way and then change to park. When you restart the car first change the drive and then release the e-brake.

If you don't want to do the above, and you feel that the transmission is tight to change from Park - Drive, just press down on the brake harder and then you will be able to release it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    That's because the transmission locks on Park when the car rolls on a hill. Before you switch to park on a hill, just pull the hand brake (e-brake) all the way and then change to park. When you restart the car first change the drive and then release the e-brake.

If you don't want to do the above, and you feel that the transmission is tight to change from Park - Drive, just press down on the brake harder and then you will be able to release it easier.
    Thanks a lot. It's very much appreciated.