The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My black on black VIP "style" build

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    sorry i haven't responded to pm's yet, i have alot of numbers and calculations to share w/ u but haven't had the chance to type it out. u'll have pm soon about suggestions.
    its cool man i know its not a simple answer lol

Quote Originally Posted by d0pp1r View Post
    ill be following this closely! i know a few of us in australia are keen for a VIP styled galant

you need a dash table too

also, if you go a 20" rim with an open face, like the iForged, you need a massive brake kit to get the VIP look, im sure some ksport 12pots or something will fill up the holes. personally id go 19's
    the front dash table is still a possibility right now in ideating on the rear seat back tables (actuated)
    i was going to look at 19s as a adsolute last resort because i would have to modify the skirts and front more to get it to set flat without scraping the ground (i like riding slammed lol)

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The iForged no doubt. Fitment will be crazy with those wheels, MUCH more Vip-styled than the 8.5" Rays, especially since you have them with only a +19mm offset. Though, if you DO plan to run 20x10s, you will have a load of work to do on the rear quarters. I'd run a 225/30R20 or 235/30R20, anything else will have a very tough time fitting even with a load of mods. That is unless you plan a super-dooper-all-out widebody Galant.

If you want to impress the VSC guys (or Car show Judges), than you'll need the iForged.
    thats what i was thinking too but i got mixed reviews from those guys over there on the iForged. i dont want to go full out wide body since its a front wheel drive and i dont know of any dam good shops in dallas, so ill just get the rear pulled

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    how is a simple five spoke wheel 'VIP'?

i was going for the fact of it being a 3 piece forged rim but some think otherwise so IDK

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    good luck. cant wait to see finished product

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I put both of the wheels specs in a calculator

This is the change from my current wheels which are 20x8.5 +38. I don't want to go any higher than 38 (like thats going to be a issue) because then they would rub aginst my air cylinder in the rear. So im all for a lower offset she might even lay out slightly more with extra MMs in the rear. The front isn't really an issue im swapping out my super low hacked up front shocks for some easystreet ones which set lower without any modification like 02on19s

annnd a teaser pic of the third project i will make and hopefully master as there may be demand for it later
    Last edited by ricky_db; 07-14-2010 at 01:14 PM

blue8g
    I say the Ray's more clearance inside and barely any loss of flushness

i got the official word that the rays have been discontinued and all he has is some super low et ones that wont fit AT ALL :(

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post

i got the official word that the rays have been discontinued and all he has is some super low et ones that wont fit at all :(
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Drooling on the table I would pick the Aero IMO that would more suit me lol cant wait to see her when its done!!!!!!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I put both of the wheels specs in a calculator

This is the change from my current wheels which are 20x8.5 +38. I don't want to go any higher than 38 (like thats going to be a issue) because then they would rub aginst my air cylinder in the rear. So im all for a lower offset she might even lay out slightly more with extra MMs in the rear. The front isn't really an issue im swapping out my super low hacked up front shocks for some easystreet ones which set lower without any modification like 02on19s
    First the progressive specs. Im still waiting to hear back from the vendor on a spec sheet for them, but since these rims have been discontinued its proving to be a task.

and the iForged specs which look better and better to me after i adjust he camber
    The 20x10" wheels are going to sit as far in if not moreso than your current 20s. Your current setup (20x8.5" +35) has roughly a 6.25" backspacing. The new setup 20x10 +35 has a 6.87" backspacing (roughly). I'd suggest running a 20x9.5 +25. You will need to test fit whatever setup you want, BEFORE you actually order it.

But 20x9.5 +25mm would have the best chance of fitting without major modifications. I have pictures of my car fit with 20x8.5 +25 and its just a tiny bit outside the rear quarter panel, but would be nice radius-ed or pulled.

They will stick out without close to 3 degrees of camber in the rear, and 1.5 - 2.0 in front.

i got the official word that the rays have been discontinued and all he has is some super low et ones that wont fit AT ALL :(
    No loss, the iForged are better for your desired fitment. Though, if you like the Rays, there are wheels out their that are similar.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    ]
    dope scopes !

My ideas coming to reality. Let me know about the seats and where you get them done. I am planning on the same pattern and possibly adding a center console in the rear eliminating the middle seat. Kinda like the CLS 500 and Nissan Maxima.

Also got any ideas where to place the analog clock? I been originally thinking where the hazard light is however, I was told there isn't enough room in there for it. I have yet to check it out. I may try and open it on a junkyard 8g. I also got the Diamante rear map lights.

The 20x10" wheels are going to sit as far in if not moreso than your current 20s. Your current setup (20x8.5" +35) has roughly a 6.25" backspacing. The new setup 20x10 +35 has a 6.87" backspacing (roughly). I'd suggest running a 20x9.5 +25. You will need to test fit whatever setup you want, BEFORE you actually order it.
    I see that I will lose some space in the rear and gain a little in the front but i think with a camber kit and pulling the finders they should fit right in there.

But 20x9.5 +25mm would have the best chance of fitting without major modifications. I have pictures of my car fit with 20x8.5 +25 and its just a tiny bit outside the rear quarter panel, but would be nice radius-ed or pulled.
    can you post your pics of your 20x8.5s and did you have the camber corrected or a camber kit on it?
    No loss, the iForged are better for your desired fitment. Though, if you like the Rays, there are wheels out their that are similar.
    any suggestions? for a full faced wheel or a 5 spoke?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    dope scopes !
    TY TY
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    My ideas coming to reality. Let me know about the seats and where you get them done. I am planning on the same pattern and possibly adding a center console in the rear eliminating the middle seat. Kinda like the CLS 500 and Nissan Maxima.

Also got any ideas where to place the analog clock? I been originally thinking where the hazard light is however, I was told there isn't enough room in there for it. I have yet to check it out. I may try and open it on a junkyard 8g. I also got the Diamante rear map lights.

i was thinking about getting rid of the middle seat together as well but i decided that having a armrest in the middle would be good enough ill find some way to freak it out
    and on the analog clock i dont know yet i was originally going for the hazard light spot too but ie pod or anything like that if anything i will find out what cars have the pop out dash board cover, like the scions i think have i cant remember whos car i saw it in. a good place for you if you have just the regular single din radio is the storage cubby under the A/C or if your a non smoker the ash trey. the double din im putting in took away all of my good places because the AC gets shifted down and air ride display gets moved down to the ash trey spot. i might put it where the cig lighter is and just move that thing to the side like i say someone do here

I love that little retractable wood grain lid it has

I just found and bought this
    YESS

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Work Varianza D3S:
    similar to the ones the black galant has:
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-09-2010 at 11:53 AM

4g64T 5spd

yea the best price i found for those was 4200 w/out tires im determined not to spend more than 3k for rims

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

yea the best price i found for those was 4200 w/out tires im determined not to spend more than 3k for rims
    I think thats going to be a little hard, how much do the iForged retail for?

I was going to suggest these:
    VIP Modular VR 08

but read they retail for 1400+ each wheel w/o tire lol, Damn VIP is expensive.

4g64T 5spd

i dont know how much they retail for but i can pick up those black i forged for 2k

u just missed a set of 20" tsw's go for 650 on vsc

Quote Originally Posted by VIPtint View Post
    u just missed a set of 20" tsw's go for 650 on vsc
    those would have taken way to much work to get them to fit and tuck

can you post your pics of your 20x8.5s and did you have the camber corrected or a camber kit on it?
    any suggestions? for a full faced wheel or a 5 spoke?
    20x8.5 +25 about 2 degrees of camber in rear.

As for wheel brands?

Check AutoCouture, AME, Work, SSR, Volk, Junction Produce, Wald, Leon Hardritt all brands that are very VIP, very nice, and very stylish no matter what you get.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice bro! Go for it! Black 5 stars will best ur bet for now. Do something else with the centers though, like get em polished or sum. Black wheels with polished lip are played out IMO.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Nice bro! Go for it! Black 5 stars will best ur bet for now. Do something else with the centers though, like get em polished or sum. Black wheels with polished lip are played out IMO.
    new best bet if they are still there on the 15th they will be bought unless someone can find somthing better for under 3 Grand
    specs: AME 19x8.5 +23
    19x9.0 +32

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast