The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AWD to Fwd

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

AWD to Fwd

Good Day to all Tuners

I have been here before asking about puting a 6a12 from Auto to Manual.

I am back with another question.

Is it possible to take a 2G Eclipse AWD Gearbox and Lock it and make it FWD only.

Saying that i have been hearing about removing the Transfer Case and locking some internals.

Has anyone ever been around this before.

Lastly i read somewhere that an Eclipse boc won't fit a 6a12 Engine.

After looking at my block and looking at my plate on the block i want to know WHY NOT.

I am seeing no diffrence in the bolt patterns nor Bell Shaping Whatsoever....

After looking looking at the Socal post...(thank you sir) and seeing his Block i am almost utterly convinced they're the same bolt pattern.

but i will bring the so i can have a fair discussion.

For the time being i need the Box Locking question answered if possible.
    Life should be like a V6...........No one will know of you until they step on you TOES...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I think the AWD -> FWD modification can be done. There are some threads about converting the Evo transmission to be FWD. Stewi is really knowledgeable on this subject.

ya messege stewi, he can tell you exactly what needs to be done

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

why in the hell would you make an awd a fwd car? that is just fuckin stupid if you ask me....at the very least lock it up and make it a rear wheel drive car....it just seems pointless to even bother, espcially with a V6 sitting over the front wheels, to make it fwd. What is your reasoning for wanting to do this....other than to see if it can be done?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    why in the hell would you make an awd a fwd car? that is just fuckin stupid if you ask me....at the very least lock it up and make it a rear wheel drive car....it just seems pointless to even bother, espcially with a V6 sitting over the front wheels, to make it fwd. What is your reasoning for wanting to do this....other than to see if it can be done?
    That's what Im thinking. FWD sucks.

So that i can unbunch your panties sir.. and make you sit properly understand clearly.

1) My V6 is FWD and i have no money to gather or modify my E54A to make it RWD.

2) After looking exhaustively around the place of a FWD box for my car and after listening to people who are telling me that it won't work yet THEY never tried and only on 4g64's and 63's 92' etc i decided to be a trail blazer of sorts.

3) My car is stock V6 FWD so unless you're telling my my engine sits in the back of the car. It sits on the front from Japan that way.

You haven't read the post properly but just jumped in ranting.
    Note..how i started...

I have been here before asking about puting a 6a12 from Auto to Manual.

I am back with another question.

Had you taken the time to research my previous post you'd have seen what i was talking about.

If the car was vr4 AWD i would NOT be posting it...THINK!!

The car is FWD normal and i am gettting a hell of a deal on an AWD box compared to the price where i live.

Either add something constructive or move on.

REGARDS!!
    Last edited by 6a12f4a232; 07-14-2010 at 05:28 PM
    Life should be like a V6...........No one will know of you until they step on you TOES...

Right so i came across a post by MKO in which Stwei replied and i am actually understanding.

Mr. Evil don't think i and kicking down bro. I mean everyone has their projects and what i may have for mines may not look like sense to you or alot of ppl but that's who inventions and progression is made.

Regards again

First off....no need to be a complete asshole....that shit is why noobs get no respect and eventually get banned. Your post read like you wanted to take an AWD and make it a FWD....and I am not the only one that thought that so bite me. When the TITLE SAYS AWD to FWD....no matter how you slice it, it sounds like you want to take an awd and make it fwd. Then you talk about taking an awd trans from an eclipse and talk about locking the differential to make it fwd...again mixed signals. Want something constructive...dont be such a fucking tool. Make your posts not so vague in what you are asking and dont get hot when someone questions why you are doing what you are doing. I wasnt being malicious, I really wanted to know what was the motivation behind what you were asking. But with your attitude...I dont really give a fuck anymore. Peace noob

First off....no need to be a complete asshole....that shit is why noobs get no respect and eventually get banned. Your post read like you wanted to take an AWD and make it a FWD....and I am not the only one that thought that so bite me. When the TITLE SAYS AWD to FWD....no matter how you slice it, it sounds like you want to take an awd and make it fwd. Then you talk about taking an awd trans from an eclipse and talk about locking the differential to make it fwd...again mixed signals. Want something constructive...dont be such a fucking tool. Make your posts not so vague in what you are asking and dont get hot when someone questions why you are doing what you are doing. I wasnt being malicious, I really wanted to know what was the motivation behind what you were asking. But with your attitude...I dont really give a fuck anymore. Peace noob

Damn Genius

If i knew you'd get so mad i'd have poured you a rum and coke. LOLOL

Yes you are right that i may not have added the finite details ..

BTW NOOB is only what you ppl put on a Forum for someone who has now joined. You know nothing of me or my skill or mindset...so there no need to judge....

All i wanted to know was if it was possible to take a FWD V6 E54A Galant and mate it with an Eclipse AWD box and how one could technically go about (locking or welding the box to make it FWD only).

If you think i have an attitude Evil well my bad..

You've cussed me out and i still am taking the time to come and try to make peace....

LAter bro....
    Last edited by 6a12f4a232; 07-15-2010 at 09:36 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    6a12...you have a PM.

Depending on what you plan to do with your car....FWD is a very capable drivetrain setup. In a drag race yes..there is a disadvantage in a FWD car, but put a well engineered or well setup FWD againsts a AWD or RWD car...it can handle its own very well.

Its been proven many times and any well knowledge individual(s) will defend the arguement that FWD is very capable. Also it depends on the driver..as AWD, RWD, Mid engine, or FWD has each their own pros and cons and a particular person will favor whichever suits them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I am not 100% the trans you are looking for mates properly. Then next thing I worry about is the gearing....its setup to be efiicient for a 4cyl....not sure how well it would work with a 6 even if it does fit. Ever consider trying a FTO trans? If I am not mistaken they ran the same engie FWD and AWD....Can you even get those on the islands?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    6a12, what we need is a picture of the bellhousing of your original trans and the bellhousing of the new trans you plan on swapping in

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    6a12, what we need is a picture of the bellhousing of your original trans and the bellhousing of the new trans you plan on swapping in
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Pics? that's the easy part....

Now i am in California for 2 weeks and i haven't had much time to come here so here goes.

The pic is of the Mirage Gearbox that i bought that actually WAS going to work but it was only 4 Gears so i sold it off...The bell housing is the EXACT match of what i need.

The pic below is of my Actual DEAD transmission Note the Similar Belhousings to the Mirage Box

The next pic is of the Block Plate fitted onto the Tranny and then below that is the plate on the Mirage box

The pic below is of the baby i so dearly seek the F5m31

This is the baby that i wanted to buy to drop in and convert to FWD from AWD!!

The Card cutout you see is the shape of the bell housing i have brought here with me. If you take off the tranny the place that greets you and the belhousing shape is the cut out you see.

Last edited by 6a12f4a232; 08-03-2010 at 02:18 AM