The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Question.

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    ISMASG90

Icon5 Intake Question.

Is this a good intake for my 2002 8G, and will it pass smog? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...Q5fAccessories

i would say go with an ingen or aem they are made better. if you are on a budget as for most of us right now i would look for one that is one piece and not cut past the hose that goes to valve cover (i can not think of the name i am having a brain fart) i just dont think it looks sturdy to me just my oppinion. the intake i have on my g right now came from ebay and it passed trough emmissions where i live, i am saving up for an injen thats what i want i let inpulse get to me on that one.

It's prolly not SMOG certified unless it's an AEM or Injen.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    that's probably not going to pass emissions. To be absolutely safe, you should get an intake that is CARB certified. For us, the only two companies that are CARB certified are AEM and Injen. I think there's also a third company, but I don't know how trustworthy it is.

here's a cheap AEM intake for the V6:
    http://www.nopi.com/dsp_partsvencar....pc=948&vv=3150

ISMASG90
    Yea thanks guys- I was looking at a different post and a member said that his car didnt pass emmision test because he had a Injen intake with no sticker. The model is on pending. I was looking at THIS one but it says, "Every Injen IS Short Ram system is certified or pending by the California Air Resource Board"

that info is outdated. recent (last few years) INJEN and AEM intakes are CARB certified.

ISMASG90
    Alright, Thanks Reelax.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    that info is outdated. recent (last few years) INJEN and AEM intakes are CARB certified.
    I got the Injen short ram about 2 years ago, which on Injen's site still says it's pending C.A.R.B. If it's approved, how do I get the sticker? Email them???

OP, as said b4, get an Injen or AEM....they have lifetime warranties I believe. There is no reason to have two pieces of pipe and another coupling on an intake, like that Ebay one,,,and it sure won't pass smog (legally),,,,,,,just save the $ and put it towards a good quality part, and it won't let you down.

ISMASG90
    boochieboy- I heard you can call to the place where you bought it and ask for the sticker, or any detail about it. I just ordered the Injen SR, but I'm keeping the stock AF box in any case I need it.

Wise decision my man. Thanks for the info on the sticker.

I'm in NYC and you will fail SMOG if you have any kind of check engine light on. I personally own an Injen SP1872BLK. IS a CAI and you could turn it into a short RAM. So far I have it for 2 years and I pass SMOG with flaying colors. As long the MAF sensor is there and is working fine and no check engine light are on, you should be fine. California is different because they do eye inspection and they are very very strict about that. . NYC as long your ECU don’t show any sensor problems especially Emission codes you will be fine.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

ISMASG90
    boochieboy- Nice 8g BTW.... - Isaurio- Luckly there's no Check Engine light on. The CATs could be a problem, I went to the dealer and they found out that the CATs are "partially restricted." The previous owner didn't give a good maintenance to the poor 8g.

Quote Originally Posted by ISMASG90 View Post
    boochieboy- Nice 8g BTW.... - Isaurio- Luckly there's no Check Engine light on. The CATs could be a problem, I went to the dealer and they found out that the CATs are "partially restricted." The previous owner didn't give a good maintenance to the poor 8g.
    Um that doesn’t sound good. They did not tell you witch one. I would say get a nice peace of headers and a hi-flow cat and call it a day. But ones again I don’t know the regulation for SMOG over there. Is going to cost you big money for the Cats, especially coming from the dealer. Double check on that.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

ISMASG90
    Hey what's up, just finished installing the intake, my G sounds smooth and runs great. What's next to come?

Quote Originally Posted by ISMASG90 View Post
    Hey what's up, just finished installing the intake, my G sounds smooth and runs great. What's next to come?
    Did you get your cats replaced? If not, then I would say get them replaced and just do a catback exhaust next. Now that she can breathe a little better,,,she needs to be able to fart just as well

Quote Originally Posted by boochieboy View Post
    I got the Injen short ram about 2 years ago, which on Injen's site still says it's pending C.A.R.B. If it's approved, how do I get the sticker? Email them???

OP, as said b4, get an Injen or AEM....they have lifetime warranties I believe. There is no reason to have two pieces of pipe and another coupling on an intake, like that Ebay one,,,and it sure won't pass smog (legally),,,,,,,just save the $ and put it towards a good quality part, and it won't let you down.
    call or EMAIL INJEN directly. they should be able to send you a CARB EO sticker

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=41782

ISMASG90
    boochieboy- No, I'll have to replace the cats and the timing belt as well. In about 2 weeks I'm doing both to spend less money on it.

CF intake if you can :-)

He just bought an Injen.