The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Springs and Gr-2s

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Megan Springs and Gr-2s

Well i lowered my front end today (rear tomorrow) with Megans and Gr-2s. I figured it was going to be a time consuming, but pretty easy project. The Giant 16mm bolts for the strut assembly were really hard to get off. it took me and my friend about 2 hours, then the bolts by the brake lines snapped thennnn the nut by the sway bar link was turning inside so i had to jam a wrench up there but no tearing :). Anyway the fronts done. i took off my left rear tire and started to do that but they were frozen to the bushings so i have that to look forward too lol. Basically i want to know if any of you guys have an easier way to tackle this because i dont want a repeat of today..

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Use a spring compressor

I did..thats not the problem.

My rear struts were corroded to the lower mounting points as well. I used an angle grinder, but be careful not to cut too far and end up damaging the mounting post.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    i took a dremel to the rears and bought a new set of washers and base...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I don't think drum or disc brake makes a difference. I have factory disc brakes but my rears were easy as hell with 17mm bolt on the bottom used an air rachet n the two 15mm bolts top changed them in 15 minutes.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

all sound like good ideas. thanks for the quick replies.

for frozen nuts and bolts, soak it with wd-40 overnight or the penetrating oil made by kroil co.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...