The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Great Sockets for Expensive Wheels/Lug Nuts

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Great Sockets for Expensive Wheels/Lug Nuts

So now that I ordered my Work Wheels and Work Lugs, I am thinking, there is no way I am letting these things get messed up. So my search began for some protective sockets. Be careful if ordering these from ebay as some have only outside protection and dont protect the lug. I have seen ones on ebay with lug protection too for around $70shipped for the set. Here is an example of what im talking about.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Specialty-Prod...ductId=1253958
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

worth the money from jegs IMO

those work well, have used them, snap on and mac sell those too but im sure for more then that

Quote Originally Posted by NAZTY g View Post
    those work well, have used them, snap on and mac sell those too but im sure for more then that
    BUT with a lifetime warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by NAZTY g View Post
    Whats funny is I spent about a half hour searching snap-on's site for them and couldnt find them in metric. Maybe I will ask the local snap-on guy next time I see him.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Whats funny is I spent about a half hour searching snap-on's site for them and couldnt find them in metric. Maybe I will ask the local snap-on guy next time I see him.
    I know for a fact Snap-On, Mac, Napa, Carquest, and Matco all have coated sockets just like what you posted from Jegs.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    nice. i only use man power and that 4 sided tire remover thing wrapped in blue painters tape.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    nice. i only use man power and that 4 sided tire remover thing wrapped in blue painters tape.
    your out of your mind....LOL

Most likely I will start putting them on with a ratchet and torque ratch now that I have wheels worth a damn. Either way, still need the coated socket. It sucks that the work lugs only come as 16 lugs and 4 locks, you dont have the option to get 20 regular lugs, so now I gotta buy two sets to get them. There is no way to not scratch the wheel lock (due to its design) and there is no coated socket for that.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS