The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just wondering

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Just wondering

hey all was wondering if u can switch out the head off an 03 galant and bolt on the head of a 05 mivech and what else needs to be done to make it run hit me back and let me know

theoretically yes. Pheasability prob not, you will need sutom wiring harness, belts, everything

no point of doing so your not going to gain much really . mivec is there for economy purposes like vtec. you want to make power? swap in a 3.5 6g74 or a non mivec 6g75
    and get cams and boltons. Itll be to much of a wiring hassle to swap over to mivec and not really use it.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

thanks guys i was wondering if it was worth it but from searching on here i may just try to get a runing 4g64 and get the head from the 99 sonata with dual cams and try that build instead but first im prolly doin the shift kit for my automatic

you were talking about the 4g64 the whole time? oops well if your going the turbo then 4g64 block and g4js head(dohc) is what people here would normally run for decent power.

lol yea sry still new at this whole posting thing should have said i had the 2.4 so where can i get my hands on one of those heads

2.4 99-04 hyundai sonata or 01-05 kia optima . for other info use the search button, most likely its been discussed before .