The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Automatic Trunk Release

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Automatic Trunk Release

Hey all. So I wanted to add an automatic trunk release kit to my 8G but I just needed one peice of information before I start. How would I hook this up so that I can use my remote to pop the trunk?

I know my FCC number for my car and I already got a remote from eBay that locks and unlocks the doors. But I wanted to purchase another remote with the trunk release button on it and was wondering how I should hook this up. Here is the kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Autom...item2c52af2068

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

So, I'm guessing we'd need to know how the remote system works to know how to interface it with that kit.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the negative trigger wire means that we switch the trunk release by giving that wire a path to ground (i.e. the car body). If your remote system has a relay switch of some kind, you'll want to wire it up so it will ground the negative trigger wire on the trunk release control. That should pop the trunk with the remote.

On a side note, are you just planning to put the button where the current release is?
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

interesting idea
    but you should of just got a remote with a trunk release
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Quote Originally Posted by charris View Post
    On a side note, are you just planning to put the button where the current release is?
    Thanks for the info Charris. I was actually going to put a button near the fog light switch to pop the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    you should of just got a remote with a trunk release
    Hey Ruslik. Does that mean my trunk is already wired for an automatic release? All I need now is the remote?