The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIP My Galant

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 107

RIP My Galant

It had a good life.. only had it a year.. but ended up stealing my life, money, and heart...

It's been a bit of a bad luck charm...

I've put a lot of money and time into my baby..

Slid in Rain broke two axels and 2 brand new rims...

Forgot to close hood, and it smashed windshiel.. please note hood was carbon fiber monster

Made a U-Turn and Teacher from behind smashed into me while he was trying to avoid me because he was speading...

and now...

On way home from work...
    recieved text... looked up.. next ting i know a minivan is in front of me.. i somehow managed to maneuver around him only knicking his bumper and breaking his tail.. but my fenders, Prejectors, bumper, hood, and frame is pretty much dead... so having said the frame is bent.. I'm pretty sure its gone..

I might try to bend it back into place.. but i think this car is a lost cause..

It's been up and running for only 3 weeks since the last accident..

I spent a monnth fiberglassing up and painting this car from the previous accident.. it's tiring guys.. I've learned a lot about cars having owned this car.. and I have honestly grown extremely attached.. this is very hard to type.. and it's even harder to let go of my baby..

If any suggestions.. or if anyone wants to help and thinks saving my baby is worth it let me know.. otherwise.. i think i might be starting to part out the car...

Last edited by bobmundo123; 07-28-2011 at 04:22 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    Forgot to close hood, and it smashed windshiel.. please note hood was carbon fiber monster
    Sorry to say but this wasn't the cars fault.

On way home from work...
    recieved text... looked up.. next ting i know a minivan is in front of me.
    Again, sorry to say, but you shouldnt be checking text messages while driving.

Not trying to be an ass, just sayin'.

I'm one of those people who also get attached to cars, especially to my Galant so I understand where you are coming from. If you want to stay with a Galant you can always buy another straight and clean shell and swap parts over. It all comes down to if you want to stick with the platform or not. I know if I was in your situation and bent the frame on my babyG, I would be searching for another shell to swap my parts over to if I can't repair the damage on my current galant.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

We know your G was used and abused by previous owner a bit as well. Get another G build it better, faster, stronger and dont text while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Sorry to say but this wasn't the cars fault.

Again, sorry to say, but you shouldnt be checking text messages while driving.

Not trying to be an ass, just sayin'.

I'm one of those people who also get attached to cars, especially to my Galant so I understand where you are coming from. If you want to stay with a Galant you can always buy another straight and clean shell and swap parts over. It all comes down to if you want to stick with the platform or not. I know if I was in your situation and bent the frame on my babyG, I would be searching for another shell to swap my parts over to if I can't repair the damage on my current galant.
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    We know your G was used and abused by previous owner a bit as well. Get another G build it better, faster, stronger and dont text while driving.
    x2

I agree with all of this. Get a new g, I promise it will be easy to get attached to. I have thought about it a few times, what would I do if some dumbass hit me and I was unable to avoid it. Thats my game plan. It all depends on what you want to drive now..

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

dude i dont wanna sound liek an ass, but this accident was your fault dude, i text and drive a lot. but its only when something like this happens that you realize how unsafe it actually is lol. hopefully you'll be able to pick up another g

guys.. i know...

The text was from my dad.. I'm not blaming the car for getting into the accident...

and the closing the hood.. yea my fault...

reading the text ... my fault....

just never had that much bad mojo with a car before... I'll post pictures up...
    ( and what do you mean shell?? I feel like that would be a crazy process just by the sound of it.. if you could ellaborate more.. and like a general cost..)

Idk wether or not i'll be saving it or not.. at this point.. i think it's beyond repair..
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 07-13-2010 at 08:40 AM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Yeah, post up pics when you get the chance. Axles and rims you can replace easily. My CF Hood went up on me as well in the spring; smashed the windshield but got another one from a junkyard for $100, check your local j-yards if they have any available. Gotta see the pics to determine how bad the frame is. Don't know if any CF hood group buys are available :(
    Hope you can fix her up soon, shame to see another 8G gone

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Sad to hear, but If you don't decide to fix it I may be willing to take those tail lights off your hands.

Goodluck, no matter the decision.

blue8g
    yeah like everyone said. nothing was the car's fault.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    sorry to say but I think your car had bad luck with you as the driver, poor car what did he do to you to deserve all this pain..... lol

Guys.. again.. to those of u who keep bashing me.. i already have admited the accident was my fault.... Dominicano.. i bought this car and it already had previous frame damage.. The electircal was all bad, This car was abused way before i laid hands on it....

and Blue 8G.. yea... we got it...

To Run.. Thanks man.. i hope so too...

this car had problems since day one.. needed new timing belt, starter, as soon as i bought it.. the security system was poorly installed and was draining the battery. The capicitor was not hooked up correctly. The Shocks and struts were dead from the 20's and low pros the guy put on this thing... the prvious accident was not my fault... the hood was my fault due to negliegenc.. and so was this due to distraction... i admit that guys.. let it go.. Not cool , i just lost my 8G.. it was the only thing i had going for me... and now it's gone.. so please.. if you could.. give it a rest...

Accident took place on a major road with traffic lights.. 3 lanes each direction... it took literally 2 seconds to get distracted... i feel like th guy switched into my lane.. and i didnt catch it.. the cop saw the whole thing and was like.. did u think he was going to make it before the red before he switched lanes.. i just said.. i don't know what happened.. dude.. accidents are scary... from now on, seriously, Im turning off my cell phone every time i enter any car.. or put it on silent...

Car still drives.. Drove it home @ about 30 - 40 mph max on way home.. I feel like fan is tipping.. Thats what I'm hearing at least.. or it could just be that the engine sounds seem louder due to more exposure... Car still Runs.. This Car ceases to suprise me as far as like the engine.. Its strong... Never had any big engine probs.. my dads camry, we had to switch out the tranny 3 times before 100k... rediculous.... Headlights still work although.. bent.. and.. basically... done...

Passenger Side :

Driver Side:

The stuff thats rusted.. was previous Frame damage from previous owner...

I can't pop the hood right now.. I know the cool air intake filter is smashed up.. i cant see anything else...
    but you can see the frame is pretty messed up... Pretty sure theres not much you can do...

But im hopefull i guess.. If it's fixable.. i'll try to fix it.. sell it out.. get a new 8G... and start up from scratch..
    do it the right way, unlike the last owner.. and hopefully i'll have more luck with that one... and be less distracted...

I literally think i have like Adhd... its bad.. i should really check that out.. i loose all my shit all the time.. cuz i just get so distracted..
    this sucks.. ass
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 07-13-2010 at 04:04 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

ahh everything is just metal. You can bend it back to whatever you want and reinforce it with some weld or something. Where do you live?

For someone like me, this is fixable... May not be worth it to you but with some tlc it can be easily repaired. If you can get the hood to come up snap some more pics. I would like to see the radiator support.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I'm so sorry about your G. By the look of the damage is a total loss. x2, get another G and swap some parts over. That is the thing about aftermaker bumpers and hoods, most of them are fiberglass and easy to break. Let us know what are you going to do.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

try getting a front clip from the junk yard dude, firewall forward, shoot in somecase isn't it like dash forward? lol replace the front clip i'm pretty sure it bolts on, i know someone did it on here, just can' remeber who, also the front clip does include the engine, so then you have yourself an extra engine and tranny lol... idk man many times i have giving up on the g, and you know what it never ceases to amaze me, and its cheaper putting money into the g for me then an outragous car payment plus full coverage insurance... just my 2 cents

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

and if you decided to fix it up, with blood sweat and tears, maybe you'll repect it more... not that you don't but i have always respected stuff more when i work on it or build it up ya know?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    and if you decided to fix it up, with blood sweat and tears, maybe you'll repect it more... not that you don't but i have always respected stuff more when i work on it or build it up ya know?
    haha.. I'll look into what u said the earlier post.. im not sure what you mean by a front clip... but dude.. I HAVE PUT SOME BLood Sweat and tears man.. a lott.. lol... As i said earlier.. rewired everything.. the speakers were dead... the horn... the lights... i had dual HIDS.. and for the last accident.. it was all DIY..

fiberglassed the fenders... and hood..sanded em.. primed em.. painted emm.. clear coated.. granted it wasnt a proffesional job.. it came out looking pretty good... remounted everything on.. did the custom wiring for the projectors... new modded bumper to fit with the reinforcement... a lot of work.. it wasn't a matter of respect... because... i mean.. i've learned from experience.. not to abuse cars... thats something i don't do... it was just a matter of concentrating on the road...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Hmm I see more of your infamous scotch tape

Looking at the damage I say its time to pick up another car, get an 8G 4cyl and buy my manual tranny and go 5spd :).

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I think you should start over new, but no kit this time :)

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I think you should start over new, but no kit this time :)

Ahh.. i love the cyber two thoughh.... if only it wasnt fiber glasss.. ahkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Hmm I see more of your infamous scotch tape

Looking at the damage I say its time to pick up another car, get an 8G 4cyl and buy my manual tranny and go 5spd :).
    i think i probably will end up.. either trying to fix and sell.. or just part out... i probably won't be getting an 8G right away...

ill prolly get a commuter carfor school nd work.. the get another 8g.. then 3000gt.. then go american ... mitsubishi is one of the only imports i can see myself owning..

And Scotch Tape has been good to me .. REALLY GOOD.. its kept my bumper on for a good week befor having to have had the reinforcement installed..

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Haha dont try to fix and sell you wont get nearly what you will end up putting in. Parting is probably your best option.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast