The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIP My Galant

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 107
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Haha dont try to fix and sell you wont get nearly what you will end up putting in. Parting is probably your best option.
    =(

I'm going to try to open the hood to see whatsup with that.. and take pictures...

i think wort case scenario.. i'll just sell the whole car for parts.. it's go a new oil pan.. Motors runing great.. with 80k on it.. transmission shits great.. sounds great with thecool air and muffler... brakes ir recent... doors have a few knicks but can be easily fixed... custom carbon fiber interior.. and custom dash... pedals.. sound.. i'll probably ripp out the capicitor and amps for the subs.. along with the LED interior lighitng for my next 8G... as far as everything else.. I'll probably rebuy new and get installed..

I'm going to try to grab those picks now..

and 03-Galant - thanks dude.. you've been awesome.. great input and it was a pleasure meeting u in person.. very open and inviting.. and you're pretty close by.. whats your name again? i'm horrible with names.. PM me if you want.. we def have to chill.. well.. wen i get a car.. =/ lol

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Names Steve, do you still have my number?

Your name is Sid right?

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    haha.. I'll look into what u said the earlier post.. im not sure what you mean by a front clip... but dude.. I HAVE PUT SOME BLood Sweat and tears man.. a lott.. lol... As i said earlier.. rewired everything.. the speakers were dead... the horn... the lights... i had dual HIDS.. and for the last accident.. it was all DIY..

fiberglassed the fenders... and hood..sanded em.. primed em.. painted emm.. clear coated.. granted it wasnt a proffesional job.. it came out looking pretty good... remounted everything on.. did the custom wiring for the projectors... new modded bumper to fit with the reinforcement... a lot of work.. it wasn't a matter of respect... because... i mean.. i've learned from experience.. not to abuse cars... thats something i don't do... it was just a matter of concentrating on the road...
    front clip is the front of the car to include evertything from the firewall forward, sometimes its even the dash forward depends on the jy.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34896

read that it should give you more insight on how to go about repairing your vehicle. or atleast what you looking for

Names Steve, do you still have my number?

Your name is Sid right?
    Yup my name is sid.. but i don't have your number.. i just got a new cell.. if you want text it over.. or jus PM me.. I'll be sure to save it to my gmail account in case my cell dies again...

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    front clip is the front of the car to include evertything from the firewall forward, sometimes its even the dash forward depends on the jy.
    ooo... wow..

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34896

read that it should give you more insight on how to go about repairing your vehicle. or atleast what you looking for
    and that actually showed me exactly what i was questioning.. a whole front clip.... damnnn... idk what keith6110 was saying.. idk if he knows a way to repair the frame instead of getting a whol new clip... Regardless.. I think i;ll try shopping for front clips.. if they are to much.. round here.. i'll probably look for a new care entirely...

O.. BTW.. i was able to pop up the hood.. but i cant close it now.. lol...

here are some piks...

Last edited by bobmundo123; 07-15-2010 at 12:17 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

I work in a body shop I think I told you that in an old post. I will show this picture to my brother he is a adjuster at the shop. He will see the pictures and see more or less how much would it cost to fix that side. Also I will find out for you how much is the whole front end. I will check it new front the dealer and used from a local junkyard. Ether way is going to cost you some money but, with a estimate on how much it will cost you to fix it, you could make a easy decision to fix your baby.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

ive been lookn for another car to part...

i found a galant.. 99.. for 400 bux.. everything is said to be good except the tranny... so i might grab other parts and swap with my car..

I'm thinking using some on the panels.. nd the front clip....

I think I'll end up keeping stock front bumper cover stock.... unless anyone knows where i can get cheap jdm bumpers that are not fiberglass.. cuz its been a real bitch... they crack like a mother fucker

Only problem is I don't know shit bout frame work and things like that.. i just started learning about electrical... I'm truly anoob and so i know i'm way over my head... but might as well give it a shot .. i'll prolly only end up doing it if Steve's able to give me a hand.. Otherwise.. i might jus let it go.

piks of car to be parted

piks of car to be parted

AND THANKSS MAN, that'd be awesome.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    ive been lookn for another car to part...

i found a galant.. 99.. for 400 bux.. everything is said to be good except the tranny... so i might grab other parts and swap with my car..

I'm thinking using some on the panels.. nd the front clip....

I think I'll end up keeping stock front bumper cover stock.... unless anyone knows where i can get cheap jdm bumpers that are not fiberglass.. cuz its been a real bitch... they crack like a mother fucker

Only problem is I don't know shit bout frame work and things like that.. i just started learning about electrical... I'm truly anoob and so i know i'm way over my head... but might as well give it a shot .. i'll prolly only end up doing it if Steve's able to give me a hand.. Otherwise.. i might jus let it go.

piks of car to be parted

piks of car to be parted

AND THANKSS MAN, that'd be awesome.
    why not just use that car instead of the white one which you and the previous owner have taken to hell and back

Car looks good bro. 400 ummmmm. Very good BUT! always always check the engine turn it on and make sure is not knockin or anything fishi about it. Also check the milage because big MIL means changing timing belt and all sort of things. Make sure there are no check engine lights on. If there is bring an OBDII scanner and scann for the codes and write them down and do research about the bad sensor. Tranny dont cost much for AT but labor is going to get you unless you know some one to help you. Also save up for a 5 speed insted of the AT now that you at it. just some tips bro. Because is so cheep double and triple check the car. I made a mistake on my car when i got it, it had a bad engine. along the way i had to change it. was looking for and evo engine but no luck and it cost more the car LOL. You know NOOB. But know i have more experience on cars did a lot of research and know i could tell good from bad. I feel your pain i spend so much money on my G that i could have buy the same car 3 times lol. I had changed everything. I turned to a brand new car. and to see it go in secs is hard i wont want that.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-15-2010 at 01:05 PM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

you thing it'd be just a better Idea to just fix this one up instead of just using it for parts for the G i already have?my engines got about 80K on it and it has the sunroof.. this one has 117K miles on it.. my engine is fine.. works great.. sounds great.. and everything..

Might be a lot of work though.. thats my problem.. Labor.. i mean.. im okay with the cosmetics.. and electrical.. but.. again.. "noob".. so as soon as I open the hood I'm very cautious.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

blue8g
    dude, your car is an utter piece of shit

Start with a new one, the white one will never feel right I guarantee it

I mean dont get me wrong. Is all up to you how much you want to spend and how much work you want to put on it. You could go to the junkyard and get the necessary parts to fix your G. Or by that one for 400 and take the part off that one but you will have more left over parts i mean the whole car. Is all up to you what is easy for you.

Options:

1. Buy the car and use it to fix your G - But it will be a wast of part unless you keep it junk out in your house.
    2. Go to junk yard and get the parts to fix your G.
    3. Buy the other car and fix that one.
    4. Relax and think about what is best and economical way for you. Dont jump to a hole you can't get out.
    5. Keep taking advice from the members here.
    6. At the end is all you.

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Your car has frame damage, I'm with blue8g here, swap the parts that are necessary, do they both have the same engine?

I vote so you fix the $400 one, or take the parts you want from yours and sell it to a junkyard, and buy one that is running.

4g64T 5spd

Blue8g! Chill out for a sec. Yes we all know the car have sever frame damage and it looks F#@#UP, car accident are not pretty. BUT! Remember the person spend HR's, DAYS, Months, fixing his G. I mean waking up with a smile in his face that he did a good mod or something to make the car look good. I feel like that "first ride". It’s hard to let go something you put so much attention and dedication to it. bobmundo123 bro! Whatever you feel doing to your G is all-good. Is your money and time but, take the advice or reject it from the members here. Don’t take it personally. Some will help and others wont.

SOHC Turbo

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Blue8g! Chill out for a sec. Yes we all know the car have sever frame damage and it looks F#@#UP, car accident are not pretty. BUT! Remember the person spend HR's, DAYS, Months, fixing his G. I mean waking up with a smile in his face that he did a good mod or something to make the car look good. I feel like that "first ride". It’s hard to let go something you put so much attention and dedication. bobmundo123 bro! Whatever you feel doing to your G is all-good. Is your money and time but, take the advice or reject it from the members here. Don’t take it personally. Some will help and others wont.
    I don't mean piece of shit like that

I'm saying right now it's effectively scrap, that car is never going to handle/ride/feel 'right' ever again....it already had frame damage and now this

I think its time that 8g is put to rest

I know you trying to help is your opinion but let him decide is crap. Also I work in a body shop in the bronx called S & T. All insurance cars specially geico cars goes there for repair. you wont believe how much new and old cars comes worse than that. that is nothing. I seen the job and dam you could fix the frame like new or even better with more support and other things. Its all about the MULA $$$$ money. U have the money you will get the job done. That G could be fix is up to the owner to decide what hes going to do. But is not crap unless the whole front get F-UP like.

SOHC Turbo

Sid don't forget TGC NY is here to help you if you decide to fix either.

and I texted you.

I have also seen much worse get fixed at the body shop I used to work at.

X2 on that. I agree with 03-galant-ES.

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Blue8g! Chill out for a sec. Yes we all know the car have sever frame damage and it looks F#@#UP, car accident are not pretty. BUT! Remember the person spend HR's, DAYS, Months, fixing his G. I mean waking up with a smile in his face that he did a good mod or something to make the car look good. I feel like that "first ride". It’s hard to let go something you put so much attention and dedication to it. bobmundo123 bro! Whatever you feel doing to your G is all-good. Is your money and time but, take the advice or reject it from the members here. Don’t take it personally. Some will help and others wont.
    and dude... thanks man.. I really appreciate it.. Honestly at first when i first came to the forum i felt like i was going to be like beat up for not knowing shit.. but hey.. with time.. you guys really have been helping me out.. with the exception of occasional bashing.. but hey.. w.e work.. i'll take the hazing remarks... this is my first car.. its been through hell and back..both with me.. and the previous owner.. and so i do really appreciate it Isaurio.. thats exactly how i feel man.. tis toughh..

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    dude, your car is an utter piece of shit

Start with a new one, the white one will never feel right I guarantee it
    and Youchhh, to the first one at least

Sid don't forget TGC NY is here to help you if you decide to fix either.

and I texted you.

I have also seen much worse get fixed at the body shop I used to work at.
    Thanks man.. I appreciate it broo.. and yeaa.. i mean.. Blue8g might have a point.. i should probably stick with the 400 buk G. and swap everything on over.. maybe even the engine.. idk if it worth it for the mileage.. but i mean.. again.. i don't know shit bout that.. nor do i have an engine mount.. .

If anyone is down for a project.. let me know.. i might just buy this G. swap all parts i wanna keep and get the old one towed away.. plus it's a salvage title by this point anyway.. i'm pretty sure of it.. again guys.. thanks for all the advice...

I'm going to call this guy up and see if he's still got it.. i really hope he does.. one thing tho.. i'm assuming if the tranny needs to be replaced.. i prolly should not be driving this to my house.. i should probably get it towed....

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    here's my advice in a specific order:

1) buy the $400 dollar car
    2) Drop the engine and transmission from that car since a) the transmission doesn't work and b) the engine has 117K on it
    3) Drop the engine from your white car, then swap it into the beige car. Don't even have to unbolt the transmission
    4) Swap over the speedo cluster so your mileage will be correct.
    5) Swap over whatever body parts you so wish
    6) Cheap, DIY quick paint job

BAM you're done for like $600
    oh and that is if the engines are the same and the years correspond

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast