The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIP My Galant

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 107
    Quote Originally Posted by duh2150 View Post
    I'd go with Galant, mustangs are overrated to many people drive them, especially republicans :P, this is a Galant forum after all, its all your choice tho
    I mean i have/ had a galant.. i just wanted like a comparison kind of analysis.. and you car looks sick.. i had the same problen with the gap.. i put some styrofoam in the bumper to get it to pop out slightly that i was going to use the black stuff they put underneat garage doors in between what ever space was left.. just a suggestion

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

ok.. So i'm looking for another vehichle as i fix this G up... This is what i've been Looking.. Mazda6's, POntiac G6's, Dodge Chargers, 6th gen and up honda accords

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

man that sucks, yea my G got into an accident 6 days after my dad bought it in 01' lol great job and now he's given it to me and i've been looking at this forum for great ideas to fix it...

Wow off topic, anyways when my dad hit a curve he smashed the same side and the frame went it, although it wasnt as bad as that at all but when i took it to a body shop they told me it's about $400 to pull the frame out and they said that for almost anykind of damage to a frame but idk....

Of course i didnt like the guy he had an attitude so i did it my way...

You manage to bolt a 1 or 2 ton jack to a cement wall (use a hammer drill) and attach a hook to the frame and a wire cable holding the hook and attached to the jack and keep loosening the jack while it pulls, my G's frame isn't perfect but the job got done. And i know not everyone can do this. just saying from my experience, it shouldnt be too bad to fix, at least the frame idk about the fenders and stuff. Sorry for your loss :'(

Damn if you really think about it...You are not a good driver how you try to do a U turn and a car hits you.Dont You look first make sure it safe then you could go.Second, How are you texting and driving that is a safety hazard what if a kid would haved gotten in front of you or a person ?You gotta be careful not tryna make you look bad but if you wanna keep yourself a nice clean G.Keep your eyes on the road

Quote Originally Posted by Malcriaoxx View Post
    Damn if you really think about it...You are not a good driver how you try to do a U turn and a car hits you.Dont You look first make sure it safe then you could go.Second, How are you texting and driving that is a safety hazard what if a kid would haved gotten in front of you or a person ?You gotta be careful not tryna make you look bad but if you wanna keep yourself a nice clean G.Keep your eyes on the road
    .... I was making a Uturn... The guy BEHIND ME WAS SPEEDING... he hit me while he was driving TOWARDS INCOMING TRAFFIC.. yea.. thats my fault.. uhuh.. as far as the texting thing. I already took fault for that.. but anyway moving forward.. frame has been straightened.. looking for fenders... currently fiberglassing the front cyber 2 bumper... need to also redo hood.. or might just buy stock one.. battery is dead due to a leak somewhere.. i think the button i used for the Blue leds interior wise leaked or something.. w.e... no bigg-e

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Yea but that's not too bad to fix tho.New fender,Hood,headlights,front bumper,and a radiator.it aint too bad if you really think bout it and it still drives.Like buy a 500 car only to get you from point A to B and use the rest of the money fixing it which you would really spend is like 2000 $.I think you should really go for it and fix it and turn that bad luck around xD

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    dude, your car is an utter piece of shit

Start with a new one, the white one will never feel right I guarantee it
    Old post but i disagree!
    I builded my G up from this....

...too this

Everything can be fixed :)

And why does people still mentioning what is BobMundos fault or not? :P He has already old ya some of the stuff was his fault :P
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 10-02-2010 at 07:09 PM

Damn Shiznith and yu revived dat from the grave.But How much you spent ?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Old post but i disagree!
    I builded my G up from this....

...too this

Everything can be fixed :)

And why does people still mentioning what is BobMundos fault or not? :P He has already old ya some of the stuff was his fault :P
    HAhaha.. Thanks.. and DAMN... WOW.. i'm about to fix up my car now.. lol.. i was considering just throwing fenders on em, to make it look good then trading for a 73 corvette that has 30k on a rebuilt motor.. IDK what im going to do now. And beautiful job BTW.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Rebuild the G & go JDM
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

SOOOO.. i got a pontiac G6.. well in the process... i got my car running again.. Needed to recharge battery.. and need to put new battery clamps.. But i got it up and running.. put it in garage... Going to go slow with this guy... Might wait to reweld an undamaged frame. Then find the time to either refix those f1 fenders, or buy new ones, along with a new bumper, and headlight. I will fix my hood though i think.. although.. it is about time i just get another one.. this time fiberglass and not carbon fiber.. kinda sorta got bored with the carbon fiber hood.. it was a little much.. but i love the monster look...

G6 is sedan... v4... my to do list on that is to throw the concept body kit on it.. get the projector halo eye headlights...halo fog lights... murder out the the tailights.. car is black btw... It needs a new set of rims .. its 5x100 so if anyone has a set and wants to get rid of em let me know... DO some interior lighting work... and custom touch screen dash
    everything else...
    lower the car a little bit, nothing too crazy, MAYBE DROP the V4 and put the V6 in it... coolair injen intake, After market muffler and convert to dual exhaust.

will post pickss

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

blue8g
    IT'S an I4 not a V4

when you drop the v4, for a v6 let me know how well that doesnt work out, and you screw up the car

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    IT'S an I4 not a V4

ohhh.. important to do your research and not to just presume

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    when you drop the v4, for a v6 let me know how well that doesnt work out, and you screw up the car
    will do =)
    lol.. jp jp.. damn.. u guys come off mad strong...

u guys gotta realize im don't know a lot about cars, haha.. hating on the noobie..

i was told a lot of the OLD school stangs.. they would buy the lover V# w.e models then drop v8s in them for insurance purposes... i just assumed it was possible for the newer vehichles

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

not on newer cars, we have ECU controlling everything not a carburator. its not just as simple as swapping it in either, new tranny's, new motor mounts, subframe modification. plus lots more

Also i have learned dont ever assume anyhting in life, make sure you know your shit before talking.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    not on newer cars, we have ECU controlling everything not a carburator. its not just as simple as swapping it in either, new tranny's, new motor mounts, subframe modification. plus lots more

Also i have learned dont ever assume anyhting in life, make sure you know your shit before talking.
    truth ... good man... never talke without the data to back it up

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    so did you pick up the G6?
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    so did you pick up the G6?
    yes i did... she's pretty

notice i shot the back end of the galant and not the front.. XD.. lol...

but yea.. i got her up and running.. had to recharge battery.. put gas.. and get new clamps... and disconnect a lot of the aftermarket electronics .. but shes alive now.. lol

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

just a quick update...

G6 has been treating me good. Runs strong and is definitely a different car. Picks up pretty fast, kinda like my moms accord but has a nicer sound to it. I was told it was due to the headers. Not gonna lie. I miss my Galant. She's tucked in the garage right now. I thought i lost the key to her so i was about to take the lock assembly out of the trunk (doors were open) to get a new key made but it turned up at my girls place so that saved a lot of trouble. Gotta make Duplicates... yeesh... uhm. I got sick of all the corrosion around the battery so i just got new terminals and took out the old battery I'm gonna buy a new one.

I found a 99 Galant on craigs for about 450. I'm seriously considering buying it to rip off the radiator support, and grab some of the frame to reweld. Maybe grab the hood, fenders, and bumper while I'm at it along with headlights until i can afford the Projector ones again, cyber 2 front bumper and F1 fenders, and a monster hood. Also should probably grab those airbag sensors considering mine were striped off when the previous owner did his sloppy work. I'll also be rewiring all the lighting. The sound was done well so I'll Leave it at that.

After all is done I do plan on Repainting the whole car. I want it all Black. All black with a portion of it Matte Black. I have a feeling It'll look good. But i feel if i do that I'll have to redo the interior black too. So I'm not to sure about changing the color of the car.

When all is done, I will keep her mint, a personal "Show Car". I love er'. lol. dont wanna let go although the parents are like... its in the garage... its winter... this might be a problem.. they'll jus have to soak it up...=)
    Frak man

Oh also.. my buddy who will be helping me weld jus did a job on an 08 mustang gt for a friend. Paint job and put flowmasters on the dual exhaust. Sounds great and looks good too...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Why not buy the other galant, and swap stuff over? That way you have a clean car to start with, and that you know is somewhat problem free (other than the major issue it has because the car is up for $450) and use that as a foundation?

Plus, it might save a ton of headaches down the road because of the wrecks. Just my $.02
    -Andrew

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast