The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: RIP My Galant

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 107
    Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Why not buy the other galant, and swap stuff over? That way you have a clean car to start with, and that you know is somewhat problem free (other than the major issue it has because the car is up for $450) and use that as a foundation?

Plus, it might save a ton of headaches down the road because of the wrecks. Just my $.02
    Personally I would and have thought of that.. But i feel like it'd be too much time and work.. The car doesn't even run... its got issues as is.... I know my car runs as is... sounds great... etc.. problems with this car thats 450 is...

"Car does not run, it needs head gasket, intake manifold, lights on dash dont work, radio was just stolen, scratches on car, 169,000 miles... call for more info nd asap i need 2 get rid of it..asking 450 or best offer.."

I'm not that mechanically savy. I'm not that knowledgable with all that. I mean i feel like its a good idea.. but i don't have much money / time / experience. I'd have my buddy do it.. but its a tad much to ask to do an engine swap / etc.

If i keep my car as the main vehichle all i would have to do is fix up the frame, get fenders, front bumper, headlights, grill, and hood. Thats it really. and maybe jus clean her up. Pretty her up under the hood. Redo the wiring for lighting, and that'd be it really. Everything else is all done and set up.

just too much to swap.. =/

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

It might be easier to just swap the engine and stuff over than to repair the old ( your G) versus fixing it yourself. Less wiring issues, etc.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

a car with a bent frame never drive or rides the same ever, It is damn near impossible to get it back into align

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    a car with a bent frame never drive or rides the same ever, It is damn near impossible to get it back into align
    Yeah that too. My buddy barely tweaked the frame in his S-10 and had it repaired professionally, but it was never right. Build the engine. Or swap it ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

hmmm.... I'm gonna take pictures and get a opinion from my mechanic / friend. not sure exactly what i'm going to do just yet. My friend who was going to do all the work is going away for a bit, so i'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might buy the car leave it at its current location and then jus tow it out of there when he gets back. G6 needs new bearing anyway.. so need to see him anyway to ask him for an estimate... I don't know why. I just feel It'd be less of a headache to just weld and go... hmm.. i'll get an estimate of the swap and everything... I'll post when i get my mechanics opinion.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

okay.. well i was told that doing the frame is possible ... but i feel like you guys are right.. I'm jus gonna swap everything over... My problem now is.. i gotta get it and keep it somewhere.. I'm gonna try and buy it. .and get it towed to the back of this hookah lounge... I know the owner.. and i'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind lending me the space... =) so this summer . spring.. i'll start swapping.. it's a lot of swapping.. shit tone wrong with this G.. Dash don't work... Engine... Feul Pump.... bunch o shiz.. so i suppose.. I'll just swap everything over... including the computer... hmmm... at least it'll have a cleaner title.. and not a salvaged one.. but with 160K on it..

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

But at least you have somewhat of a fresh slate to start with. Rent space at a storage facility that will let you work on cars.

It will help you in the long run, my friend. Where are you located?
    -Andrew

I'm in NY, Long island... more specifically Long Island. I meand I definitely do not have the experience to do this or try to tackle this. I have a friends whos literally like the real life Dom from Fast and furious... he's real good with cars.. but like dom he's got a record... and he's kinda gonna be occupied for a while... so i was gonna keep it at the hookah lounge.. the place also has a garage there.. i mean the def don't have like a shit ton of tools.. My friends got his compressor there, along with the basics... But we don't have an engine mount yet.. And i have another friend whos done swaps before.. so maybe he'll help out as well... hmm.. this is going to be a process....

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Damn. Take this on as a project, and make it a learning experience. Buy a Hayne's Manual, and go from there. It should be pretty easy, and you have us here on TGC to answer any questions. I don't have much experience, but i'm learning.

Take it piece by piece with the little stuff, and then move up.
    -Andrew

muhahahah... my friend who was supposed to be going to be occupied for a while.. isn't going to be occupied anymore.. =) ... So i'm going to try and call up this guy wit the galant.. try to get it from him for maybe 350... get her towed either to my house. or this shop where i can work on both of em with my friend.. So yea.. It's been decided that I'm going to have to swap My engine over.. i guess a lot of people suggested against the frame being redone which i sort of agree with... at least this car seems more stable and can start remodding it correctly.. ony thing that gonne be a bitch is the swapping.. so far on the agenda... Is... Engine... Tranny... FuelPump... Dash(speedometer)... Stereo system.. All the Audio Work that had been done has to be redone.. speakers tweeters.. amps... Capacitor... Subs..., also interior lighting...etc... along with the carbon fiber interior.. not to mention the Gear knob and Ebrake handle.. also the seats.. if this new car isn't leather... im gonna strip my leather seats out.. also the window covers i have on my G i'd probably swap over to the new one after i paint... Things to buy Probably another cyber 2 Front Bumper.. F1 Fenders... MAYBE REAR BUMPER.. I have one now which i think i might just reuse.. and Side Skirts... Gonna Get Projector Headlights Down The Road.. and may either get another Monster hood FiberGlass, or just refix my carbon Fiber onefor the second time and repaint....

it's gonna be a project... I just want to get the esentials working asap... like engine, tranny, feulpump, speedometer, and the handles being switched... everything else... i'd take my time on... I want her done by Mid Spring... summer the latest... This is going to be a "show car" more or less.. Just a pretty ride...

I just hope this will go smooth... *fingers Crossed* okay.. anyone have any suggestions? or things i should watch out for...

I have a frient whos got an engine hoist... so i don't need to get one.. Are there any materials that you guys think i should have for this Proj...

Any help would be awesome.. Honestly.. I'll Be supervising more or less... y friend will be doing most the work cuz i'm kind of a noob... But I hope to learn a lot from this experience.. Thanks guys... I'm in huntington Long Island in NY.. so if any of you guys are local and wanna stop by or w.e.. thats cool too.. I want this second galant.. Ideally by the end of next week.. Gotta contact the guy soon.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

actually... i think if i get it... i'll just do the front clip swap... anyone know where that starts/ ends? i checked that old forum post but i cant see it.... it wasn't specific.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

okay so no ones really been responding but this is my general Plan for those of you who are/ have been keeping up or are interested... The plan..
    This other galant is apparently still available but its been snowing a shit ton where i'm at so the plan is to wait till it chills out a bit weather wise... hopefully next week.. and within a week of getting the car.. Do an engine / tranny / computer / feul pump swap / Exhaust / odometer Swap ... whatever it is that needs to be swaped to get her running / sounded just like she does now. Then Basically strip the car i have now... Rear Bumper / Ebrake Handle / Shift Knob / Rabio / Wires / All speakers / Tweeters/ Custom Deck / Two AMPS/ Capacitor / INterior Lighting / Sun Roof / Leather Seats ( If new vehichle does not have) / Tailights / Spoiler if needed / Rear Bumper / Maybe side skirts? ( if i fix?) / Modded Reinforcement Bar / all 4 HID Kits / and i think that'd about it... No sure if i left anything out of that list... maybe the carbon fiber interior add ins.. AKA the hand rests/ Main Dash/ etc. I might Rebuy the window covers/ or just swap them we will have to see... But as soon as I get the car running and everything stripped.. I Guess I'll Sell whatever is left... to a junk yard or something.. But basically Get the CAR RUNNING and SOUNDING LIKE IT DOES NOW IS PRIORITY - Week one essentially, and I'll also just part everything out... of my galant now.. After everything is set and running... Ill Keep everything i stripped and the new running car in the garage... until probably spring time.. when I will slowly be putting everything back into place on my own time.. =) Take my time and do all the Mods Right... Shouldn't be too bad... Except for installing the Sunroof.. Holy Shit that is going to be another story.. That i might have to take to a shop.. not to sure im comfortable doing that myself.. lol... This is going to be my fun project car.. not looking for much preformance out of it.. maybe down the road.. but for now.. my priority is sound.. and looks.. I have a nice Plan for this car... she's gonna be gorgeous when she's all built up and painted let me tell you... I'll post up concept piks of the paint.. etc... anyone who's local and wants to give a hand for the swap or anything or just want to look or w.e.. hit me up.. im in huntington.. NY.... i got 3 buds helpn me out as is.. all of which have done swaps before. .so i feel like im in decent hands... =)

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

sounds like a lot of work. I would swap engine, 5 speed swap ,hood, interior swap and part the rest of the car. Get a nice lip kit if you would like or go jdm and get coilovers i know its my taste just giving you a better opinion. Itll be easier on you and IMO look more clean body kits take some work to fit good. Then later down the road repaint and go turbo or N/A built.

start over new for real!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Good luck man

Thanks redhaze, And yea, I was thinking i would stick to stock body with lip.. But i wanna go all out on this thing cosmetically...

Here some quick renders... Not to great with photshop.. a bit sloppy
    .. bleh...

area by liscence plate - Flat Black....

This is whats in the trunk already... Imma basically keep it the same...

Current Interior

Will probably wrap dash in thick black, leather type of cloth.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

soo I found a 99 GTZ for 800 nice interior, with sunroof, new black paint, only prob is tranny and radiator.. might do swap on this instead if possible

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    Thanks redhaze, And yea, I was thinking i would stick to stock body with lip.. But i wanna go all out on this thing cosmetically...

Here some quick renders... Not to great with photshop.. a bit sloppy
    .. bleh...

area by liscence plate - Flat Black....

This is whats in the trunk already... Imma basically keep it the same...

Current Interior

Will probably wrap dash in thick black, leather type of cloth.

Im from Long Island. I was raised in Babylon. Hey where did u get that climate control cluster? Thats nice

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    soo I found a 99 GTZ for 800 nice interior, with sunroof, new black paint, only prob is tranny and radiator.. might do swap on this instead if possible
    If its better do it! i wanna see some progress .

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Just swap the tranny, or go ahead and go five speed. Don't worry about swapping the 4 banger over.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Just swap the tranny, or go ahead and go five speed. Don't worry about swapping the 4 banger over.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome
    4 banger?
    I started another thread about compatibilty... because i don't have a v6.. its an i4.. 2.4 liter i think as opposed to the 3.0.... i don't know if my tranny will work on the GTZ... if it does.. That would be freaking awesome... but apparently it's not? if thats the case.. i'll have to swap my engine and tranny into the gtz.. meaning no V6. =( .. but at least ill get to keep my custom headers, and the intakes all done and installed... But i'd rather have the V6, My Tranny and reinstall the INjen Cold air.. and call it a day..

actually im not sure if its a 2.4 , or 2.0... any way to find out.. not seeing it on engine cover.. just 16 valve..

I will do my research tomorrow and hopefully get all the specs of both vehichles...
    Last edited by bobmundo123; 01-23-2011 at 08:17 PM

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast