The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Enclosure question for Alpine Type R

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Enclosure question for Alpine Type R

Ok guys so I'm planning to finally put some bass on my car, I know a bit of the electrical thing of car audio but I don't know anything about enclosures, so I want a sealed box for a type R 12", in the specs it says that the maximum volume would be 1 cu. ft. I don't plan on making a custom box so if I buy a enclosure at sonicelectronix it says thats a 1.0 cu. ft. So to that 1 cu. ft. I need to subtract the displacement of the sub right. The displacement of the sub would be like 0.10 cu. ft so that gets me a 0.90 cu. ft. box right?

Also when it says on the sub manual the gross volume of the box does it mean the box without the sub right? and when it says the net volume it would mean the box with the sub right?

Maybe they sound like dumb questions i don't know anything about it here in PR everyone put the some in tube like enclousures and nobody cares about the volume or space they are giving the subs like this:

Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-13-2010 at 03:32 PM

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Anyone?

4g64T 5spd

On the sub box volumes..Im thinkn you've got it right..an alpine type R Hits Crazy lows an a ported box would be best for it. But if you jus want the sealed box, I'd get a box about 1.3cu. ft....im not sure what the displacement of the type R is .10 cu. ft almost doesnt sound right. but jus a tenth or 2 off shouldnt make a whole lot of difference.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

Single sealed box per speaker external measurments 14wx14lx12.5d=1.125ft cubic using 1/2" MDF board. id suggest using T-Nuts for screw sinking and counter sinking your body screws. also place a sound mat on the inside back wall of the box to increase sound performance and reduce box rattle and vibration. it will also make your speaker forward directional so you can face the speakers into the back seat(not against they need to breath) so nobody can see the speaker type when you open you trunk in public places.
    28wx14h.12.5d using one center wall for a dual closed box

note: you should use a 1" thick center wall to seperate the two speaker compartments.