The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front end shake/vibration

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 48

Front end shake/vibration

I recently lowered my car 2" in the front and 1.5" in the back and had a problem with the car shaking when i accelerate. I looked under there but i couldn't see any problems. At one point when i was lowering it i thought i tore the boot, but i double checked and it seemed to be alright. Anything i could have overlooked?

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    your axles are binding i had the same problem with mine had to replace both n raise it back up

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    +1^^^

hey raz whats up you havent posted after me in a while lol. again the sig is sick lol

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    hey raz whats up you havent posted after me in a while lol. again the sig is sick lol
    Been busy dude, thanks.

Lowered G's especially V6's get axle wobble when lowered more than 2".

I get wobble under 20 mph though, it is barely noticeable.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

^^ yup the washers cure it
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

ah thanks man, I'll probably tackle that today :)

Today i tackled taking my front end suspension apart..put the washers on and i still feel the vibration. It's not nearly as bad but its still there. Any ideas on what else this could be? Also was this washer solution supposed to completely fix the binding or help slow the binding?

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    Today i tackled taking my front end suspension apart..put the washers on and i still feel the vibration. It's not nearly as bad but its still there. Any ideas on what else this could be? Also was this washer solution supposed to completely fix the binding or help slow the binding?

Well I have the same issue with mine I did the axle mod as well and I still vibrate I'm guessing my mounts could be bad and its putting the engine at a bad position n making the axles bind. So I'm gonna change my mounts again n see if that takes care of the issue. You should check your mounts!!.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

if it were the engine mounts wouldn't it have been vibrating before the drop? Everything looked good when I put the washers on. I'm thinking my tie rods but i highly doubt it.

Not really but check your mounts anyways I know my front one shit the bed. I gotta check the rest of them. My tie rods are good Im just guessing that it is the mounts a friend of mine said it could be an issue so just double check your mounts.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

alright man thanks ill take a look tomorrow

Alright..I've tried the washers and they didn't work. I Replaced my engine mount inserts with prothane inserts..I took the washers out because since I changed my mounts and figured that wasn't the problem. Then I put bigger thicker washers in and I'm still getting wobble at higher rpms. It's only when I really hit the gas...any new ideas or suggestions?

same thing still happens to me too and i hate it. if it wouldnt vibrate so much when punching it, the car would seem even faster and would just make the overall feel better and safer feeling.

lol that's exactly how I feel. I don't want to drive like a grandpa anymore I want to get this figured out.

Have you tried getting your tires balanced recently? Sometimes mine wobble at low speeds when my tires need to be balanced. Also, I had some wobble especially when taking off while taking a turn, and it turned out one of my axle boots has busted, and after changing that it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Have you tried getting your tires balanced recently? Sometimes mine wobble at low speeds when my tires need to be balanced. Also, I had some wobble especially when taking off while taking a turn, and it turned out one of my axle boots has busted, and after changing that it went away.
    thats a good idea and makes sense acutally. another weird thing about my car is the loose steering. sometimes ill be driving and the steering wheel will be turned about 4 inches even tho im going straight, then when i come to a stop it like resets and then drives straight lol. i have a feeling that may be with my balancing/aligning

Do a wheel alignment and a tires balance. Also go under the car and double check your control arms bushing and stabilizer links.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast