The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front end shake/vibration

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    Quote Originally Posted by bsilver23 View Post
    thats a good idea and makes sense acutally. another weird thing about my car is the loose steering. sometimes ill be driving and the steering wheel will be turned about 4 inches even tho im going straight, then when i come to a stop it like resets and then drives straight lol. i have a feeling that may be with my balancing/aligning
    That sounds more like your CV joints man. Check your CV boots under the car and make sure they are not having grease all over, it's a common problem with our Gs for the CV boots to go after about 100K miles.

i just replaced them in july when i did the 5 speed, but i got remanufactured ones and they are already clicking so they are bad and i need to get them replaced again
    Bryan - TGCWI - 6g72 5 speed

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376567

there you go. I would do that first before you throw any more money at anything else

Idk man. If it were my control arm bushings or stabilizer links id be hearing clunking, plus everything i've looked at was fine. I'll keep searching I guess lol.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    Idk man. If it were my control arm bushings or stabilizer links id be hearing clunking, plus everything i've looked at was fine. I'll keep searching I guess lol.
    have your cv joints ever been replaced?

yes sir

yesterday I jacked the car up and had my friend give it some gas. found my left side axle was bent. I don't understand how that happened..it's been replaced before and I've never driven onto a curb or hit anything to bend it. The passenger side was a bit bad so I'm going to replace that one today. Anyway, after replacing that axle the vibration is almost gone. I'm going to replace the passenger side axle and my tie rods today (bushings are torn) and hopefully after an alignment I won't feel like I'm in a massage chair anymore.
    Last edited by Stepsascend; 08-18-2010 at 10:06 AM

ahhhhh! I replaced both axles and outer tie rods. Went to Get an alignment today only to find out my inner tie rods are crap. more money to spend more fun messing with my suspension :) after i replace the inner tie rods and get an alignment that vibration better be gone or I'm going to go drive it into a tree.

after new inner tie rods and an alignment the vibration is still there. This is driving me nuts. I've taken everything apart numerous times replacing parts and inspecting for any other possible causes. I wanted to save up for a 5-speed and headers..but now i have to keep on with this stupid issue. I'd leave it alone but whats the point of swapping the trans and getting headers if i have to drive it like I'm 90.
    Last edited by Stepsascend; 08-20-2010 at 04:46 PM

I have the same issue, today i put the new two axles, with the washers, aslp have a 2 inches drop and the vibration is there, not change :(, also i put all engine mount news about a month ago, any ideas??? please!!!!!!

Well I'm glad I did everything I did to try and stop the vibration. My car handles awesome now and the steering is so much tighter. There's absolutely no play in my wheels and almost none in my steering wheel. You can try all I did because it helped the vibration a lot. The only other thing I can think of is my wheel bearings. I'll check those Sunday and let you know.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Any luck getting rid of the vibe???

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

nope I'm clueless right now.

???? check rotors. ???? Or u have a bad rim.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

It can't be the rims because I dropped the car on my old rims, I got new rims, and I was still vibrating. My rotors are fine as well as everything I've seen. I don't think it's a suspension problem anymore.

I want an I4 lol. My boy dropped his on the springs I had n its fine wtf?!

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I'd still rather have my v6 lol. I don't get it man.

I know theres gotta be something that can be done to fix it. N don't get me wrong I love my v6. Maybe I'll get an I4 for a show car lol.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

how much did you spend on replacing the inner and outer tie rods?

for the outer tie rods i spent like $40. The inner ones i spent about $110 or something. Then i bought the tool for $40 but i did all the work myself so about $180. I bought moog though, you definitely don't need moog lol.

What you talkin about Moog is like.....the best lmao.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast