The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo install question

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Turbo install question

I have a 8g 4g64 that I am going to turbo. What I'm looking for are tips and tricks on the installation where it is best to run lines and certain wires etc. I'd like to talk to someone who has done it so I can get info and pics.

welcome and check out the turbo and performance section. try using the search engine for any questions you have. You may find that they have been answered already.

I already have and found some things.

the thing i have found being a neebie is its hard to figure out this site at first.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC. I have no problem helping out or anybody else in this forum but also it is really not hard to search for builds going on or that have happened. Also to answer your question...well its kinda hard to tell you where to put your lines and what or where to put your wires. It seems to be that your not that experienced to do this type of job unless you have a professional or someone that has done this before helping you out with this. With the motor already being in the car all the vacuum lines and everything else shouldn't be any diff from what it was. Their might be some changed here and there but nothing crazy. Before you go crazy with this please tell us parts your getting and whats your goal in this turbo project. I hope I helped out and if any questions that you can not find in this forum please feel free to ask...thats what we are here for.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

I'm going to tap my oil feed line from the back of the block (oil pressure sensor)(1/8 bspt). Is it safe to run the braided hose right up to the turbo? Will running all braided lines up to my 16g (oil/water) be good to go?

I had read that I would need a restrictor so as not to blow oil through my bearings. What kind of restrictor should I use.
    Last edited by CORKDOG; 07-28-2010 at 12:54 AM

all oil feed lines you want a braided line as for a return line and a water line you can just use rubber hose

I'm going to run all braided just for fun. I just need to know what size restrictor I will need on the oil feed line from the back of the block.