The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Random Wheel Request

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Random Wheel Request

Hey guys, in my plot to re-invent I am thinkin I might go up a size on my wheels. The only problem is I am not 100% sure what sizes to go with. I was thinkin 18x8....but what tire size I have no idea. I never remember how the whole offset shit works. I kinda want a dish on the wheel but I also want a wheel that will allow enough tire to still handle well + I dont want it to be too slow on the odometer. Hell I might keep my 17's and bump the tire size....any 7G owners with either 18's or 17's with tires wider than 215/45 could you please post up some pics? Hell any advice you guys have would be great too. Thanx in advance

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

are u 4lugs or 5 lugs cause i got a set of 18'' gunmetal wheels 4lugs with tires 18x7.5

Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

these are brand new wheels and tires

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

keep them for you

i already have 19'' on my car bought these but never used them

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

if you go 18's the proper size to not throw off the odometer is

225-40-18

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thats the rubber size thats on these wheels

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    if you go 18's the proper size to not throw off the odometer is

225-40-18
    Pred...I am rockin 4 lugs still. Kolio...that is not entriely true. That siz slows the car down, 60 mph is actually 57.8 with 225/40 18". The best...and I think the route i'll go, is either 225/40 17" OR 235/35 17". The first would be closet to the stock setup in the mph would be 60.2 and the 235's would be 61.8 mph. I thihk I am gonna just go wider on 17's then....next is just trying to figure what rims to get! Thanx fellas....any ideas on wheels? I like the RGII or maybe a set of some type of mesh wheel...what ya think?

TGC Regular
    I like those wheels ALOT!!!

only asking 800 shipping or pick up, i can bring the wheels to NY or PA for a fee better than having them shipped

5spd swap
    18x9 Works VS

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i like those advans =]

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

i want those advans but they cost a bit much :(

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Pred...I am rockin 4 lugs still. Kolio...that is not entriely true.
    yes, i'm sorry. it was late.......... but theat is the correct size for 17's. i don't know why i said 18's lol 225-40-17

Kimya, you should run 18x8 +30 with either 215/40R18s or 215/35R18s. Those are much closer to 7G rolling stock. Fitment wheel wise is wide, but should fit fine, though it may be though to find a 18x8 4x4.5 (4x114.3).

As far as offset, lip depth, etc...? Well, if it is biglip you want then you need a lo-disk wheel, or even super-lo-disk wheels. An 18x8 +30 should accommodate an up to 3" lip, depending on wheel company. But you will have to play with in a little. I'd suggest trying to find some cheap wheels first so you can test fit and play with the width and offsets.

If cheap wheels can't be had, then you could always try to find some cheap spacers and it will get you the same direction. Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks Dave...the 215's are too narrow. The 215/40's run too slow.....the 35's are closer to the correct size. But I have 215's now and I am looking for a wider footprint. However the idea of the offsets may help. I think I want a little dish, unless I get those Advans.....no lip! No need really, those are so sexy. I'll keep you posted on whats me gonna do! LOL

blue8g
    Advan's are expensive as hell

But so fucking sexy

DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
    Thanks Dave...the 215's are too narrow. The 215/40's run too slow.....the 35's are closer to the correct size. But I have 215's now and I am looking for a wider footprint. However the idea of the offsets may help. I think I want a little dish, unless I get those Advans.....no lip! No need really, those are so sexy. I'll keep you posted on whats me gonna do! LOL
    The problem will be tire clearance. Running a 215/40R18, or even 205/40R18 is what should allow for enough tire clearance. Though you could try running a 225/35R18 or 235/35R18, but then those sizes aren't nearly as common as others, and *may* be more costly. Plus the added with could be problematic depending on wheel width that you end up running. Just give me a heads up when you proceed further. You could also ask for insight from VipNTint.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    those advans are nice. I would prefer anything with fewer than 10 spokes over mesh though. I've never been a fan of mesh wheels unless they're on a car that has a lot of body mods