The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust help!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar

Exhaust help!!

I was wondering if anyone might know what part number is it for the 3g eclipse gt muffler n if so where to look for one n also if theres anything special to put it on? thanks

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

get an aftermarket magnaflow and weld that bitch on

Quote Originally Posted by epicrock8g View Post
    get an aftermarket magnaflow and weld that bitch on
    i think he just wants a little bit deeper sound to his exhaust...

i just welded on an ebay special (i got it for free) and it actually sounds really deep and nice. and not like a fart can on a honda.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    i think he just wants a little bit deeper sound to his exhaust...
    Ricky hit it on the button your right too Eric they do sound nice but with a Magnaflow I won't pass state inspection. N at least with the Eclipse muffler its a stock part just not for our car lol. An Eclipse passed me yesterday and it sounded beautiful lol. Not too loud n not ricey lol. So part number n where could I find please lol.

FreakyDeaky

Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

you can usually find one on c3g or carpart

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    You could probably just go to a JY and hack an old one off for pretty cheap. I think some people were selling theirs on Club3G, or post a WTB thread

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    Ricky hit it on the button your right too Eric they do sound nice but with a Magnaflow I won't pass state inspection. N at least with the Eclipse muffler its a stock part just not for our car lol. An Eclipse passed me yesterday and it sounded beautiful lol. Not too loud n not ricey lol. So part number n where could I find please lol.
    Wazz up bro. Not true about the magnaflow not passing SMOG. I live in NY and i currently own the whole Magnaflow Cat back system and is no problem with inspection. If you get the stock eclipse is like getting a stock unit. Just get the magnaflow Exhaust from an 00-05 eclipse. If you going to upgrade just do it right.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

i agree with this man 100%

It really has nothing to do with smog mass laws are different you can fail for having an exhaust louder then stock n get pulled over as well. I just want a soft deep tone thats all n my G is still automatic so a loud exhaust would be pointless. then again idk if the eclipse i heard had a magnaflow or not lol.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I hacked mine off a 2000 GT for $20 at a local yard. I'll get under there and see if I can get a part # tomorrow.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Wazz up bro. Not true about the magnaflow not passing SMOG. I live in NY and i currently own the whole Magnaflow Cat back system and is no problem with inspection. If you get the stock eclipse is like getting a stock unit. Just get the magnaflow Exhaust from an 00-05 eclipse. If you going to upgrade just do it right.
    there is nothing wrong with getting a stock 3g exhaust it has a noticeably deeper tone than ours its just right to me. I would deffinatly buy a new one though. and magnaflow doesnt exactly have the best website for hearing their sound clips not to mention half of them sound riced out

So where could I hear some clips of the gt muffler? The one I heard was flying past me so it was kinda quick. N my car all you hear is the v6 n no exhaust what so ever.

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

im tellin u if u get just a muffler itll give u the sound u want n u shouldnt get any tickets.

then again im in ct and u in gay ass mass so it may be diff with them dumb ass staties

Yeah in CT you can have murder ass tints on your windows n in MASS the darkest you could go without cop trouble is like 35%

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2000Galant View Post
    So where could I hear some clips of the gt muffler? The one I heard was flying past me so it was kinda quick. N my car all you hear is the v6 n no exhaust what so ever.
    youtube

Thanks bro still waiting on some part numbers if possible

FreakyDeaky

2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

I guess you have your mind setup for that. Good luck. Post some sounds clips when you get it. I will post mines soon, first I need to fix the flex pipe on mine G.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks AktionCat for the pic. I hope this helps Corey2000Galant. [url]

The 2nd resonator on the V6 G is different part number from the eclipse . Maybe you will get a different tone if you get just the muffler from the eclipse.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-19-2010 at 01:52 PM

SOHC Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast