The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shucks! forced head swap. 1G harness ?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

shucks! forced head swap. 1G harness ?

I did a timing belt on my 95 about 2 months ago just doing preventative maintenance and it has been running great. I just completed the 5 speed swap and only ran it for 30 minutes or so and the timing belt shredded as in the outer portion separated from the teeth. Usually when a belt breaks it happens across the belt in the valley between gears. Oh well probably a defective belt guess I have to do the dohc swap now.
    From what I have researched most of the swaps are being done to the 96-97 years and/or using a 2g harness/ecu. I need to use 1g harness, ecu, non turbo, etc because its cheap or free. If anyone has done this and can offer some good advice or tips on integrating the two harnesses it would be greatly appreciated.

TGC Regular
    You dont have to do the headswap... You could alwasy just try and rebuild the one that you have now or pickup a new one from a JY..
    The best advice that I can give you on the headswap it to research research research.. MAKE sure that you know what you are doing before you start!!!
    Goodluck and let us know if you have any questions

I don't think I care to rebuild this one it has 16 bent valves. Going to get the 5 freeze plugs for dohc, hoping to set head on today and take care of wiring(someone please help on this one). I have a complete 1990 1g na at my disposal but the idea of completely swapping all the electrical seems intimidating anyone have tips or tricks for 94-95 models? If it matters its completely off road I need no lights or accessories other than cooling fans, heater motor(for extra cooling), fuel pump and engine control. The fans and pump could even be on a toggle switch if need be. I could really use some advice here, help.