The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP - I'm looking for a particular body kit!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 85
    the orange one has the tornado front bumper from the e46 bmw made to fit the galant, u can find copies of it on ebay front bumper or complete kit
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    This guy sounds like he has to put this kit on tommorow or else the boogey man will come take him away or something.
    he's just very impressed by what he saw thats all...........too funny
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

i have that kit man but it'll cost you 5 grand.

:D
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    the orange one has the tornado front bumper from the e46 bmw made to fit the galant, u can find copies of it on ebay front bumper or complete kit
    Finally someone who actually gets it. Thank you ... I will look into this some more! I really appreciate a post that isn't smoke up my ass.... HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    i have that kit man but it'll cost you 5 grand.

:D
    Do you sell this kit in a shop or do you have it personally on a car and wanting to get rid of it? Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    he's just very impressed by what he saw thats all...........too funny

Yes indeed I am impressed with the kit. Never seen it on a galant before. It's one of the cleanest kits I've seen...

Thanks again!! KUDOS

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corbizzle View Post
    Yes indeed I am impressed with the kit. Never seen it on a galant before. It's one of the cleanest kits I've seen...

Thanks again!! KUDOS
    Sorry dude that kit is awesome, nearly every galant owner that sees that galant wants it, but it all custom work, Predat-r already told you what bumper you need to modify, and Icedout told you that a rough estimate would be 4k not including the paint. Cali makes replicas of JDM bumpers so check him out, but the kit on the red galant is pure custom if you have the money(6k-7k maybe more) do it, but it isn't something you can buy already done and install it.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by corbizzle View Post
    Finally someone who actually gets it. Thank you ... I will look into this some more! I really appreciate a post that isn't smoke up my ass.... HAHA
    Well keep us updated just like that club3g guy that wants to put a 6g72TT in his 3g that swore to the holy bible that it will work...
    Last edited by G-spot; 07-20-2010 at 11:52 PM

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Well keep us updated just like that club3g guy that wants to put a 6g72TT in his 3g that swore to the holy bible that it will work...
    Well you really can't compare that to this, it's a kit which can be modified to fit a car it all comes down to how much he is willing to spend someone to do this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    Well you really can compare that to this, it's an engine which can be modified to fit the engine bay it all comes down to how much he is willing to spend for someone to do this right.
    just change some words and it will make some sense.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    lol exactly what I was thinking

so what say yee OP are you going to go for it?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar

I think you failed to understand the point I tried to make the engine is backward, making fit in the engine bay is the first battle you will spend more modifying compare to modifying a body kit of fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    I think you failed to understand the point I tried to make the engine is backward, making fit in the engine bay is the first battle you will spend more modifying compare to modifying a body kit of fiberglass.
    If you want to talk to me I'll be at Texas MOD @ Don Herring Mitsu (Irvin, TX) this Saturday I'll tell you the difference between this thread and the 6G72TT swap.
    Last edited by G-spot; 07-21-2010 at 10:52 AM

It's funny cause only one guy had the right bumper in this forum. Thank you Predat-R for pointing me in the right direction. Yes it is custom, but its attainable and not from scratch.

HERE is the link...
    http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/...&store_code=ED

look dude, I told you it was a BMW 3 series bumper, just couldn't remember exactly what it was called. There has actually been a few threads on here about this bumper before, but I wasn't going to do all the searching for you, that's your job.

If you would have searched "BMW bumper" you would have found this thread about 6 down from the top
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=bmw+bumper
    Read a couple posts and then BAM the answer is right there for you. But I guess that's too hard.

And what we mean by custom is not that the BUMPER is custom, but that the fitment on the Galant is custom. They also had to make a widebody to match the bumper.
    That said, are you going to go for it?

blue8g
    ^no.

no he's not going for it?

blue8g
    Just judging from his posts there's no way this guy could afford to do any of this

IF he buys the bumper he's going to try to put it on

Say oh noes it doesn't fit

Cry

Sell bumper for a loss

Come back here make a thread, WTF you guys told me this bumper would fit

oh right.

look OP, what you have to keep in mind is HOW MUCH custom work probably had to go into that just to work. I'll just make a short list of what I think you might have to do:

1) fabricate some mounting points on the bumper itself since they're not going to be in the same location as a Galant kit
    2) add/remove material under the grill, headlights, and around the headlights
    3) add a widebody to the fenders, because if you look at the original kit, it flares out a lot farther than the stock Galant fenders go
    4) for US Galant, you're going to have to trim or completely remove your crashbar. That bumper looks pretty shallow
    5) paint to match the car, OR paint the entire car

another option is to cut down the bumper or remove the side flare-outs so that it lines up better with the lines of the Galant

All that said, if you had the money to get this done, you would probably have gone to an extremely reputable and high-end shop, shown them that picture, then told them "I want it exactly like this". Even if they weren't able to recognize the kit, they could probably do it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast