The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP - I'm looking for a particular body kit!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 85

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by corbizzle View Post
    It's funny cause only one guy had the right bumper in this forum. Thank you Predat-R for pointing me in the right direction. Yes it is custom, but its attainable and not from scratch.

HERE is the link...
    http://www.electrodyne.cc/Merchant2/...&store_code=ED
    plenty of us know what the kit is. we've just answered the question so many times we don't bother answering it anymore. the cheapest and easiest way to do this would be to buy a knockoff of this bumper in fiber glass and buy another galant specific aftermarket bumper in fiber glass, then cut them both in half horizontally and fiberglass them together so that the bumper will mount and fit. the widebody flares would have to be custom molded to the car and the sideskirts and rear bumper would have to be custom modified as well (the rear would possibly be like the front consisting of 2 half bumpers). ur looking at $2000-$3000 custom work on top of the cost of parts. if your budget is not around $4000, abandon this project or save until you can afford it.

HAHA ... I think it's funny you guys sit here and create in your minds what people are capable of. I appreciate all the good feed back. If you noticed I just joined this damn forum the other day, to find out about this body kit, which I have found thanks to you guys, but the rude comments, and dick swinging? Come on, I thought forums on the internet were made to inform people what they don't know. If you've been around the car world, then hey good for you, you probably know a lot. But for a "NEWBY" give me a freaking break. Are you serious? All I wanted to do was ask around about this body kit and if any body knew what it was and where to find it. So thank you guys for the information. I do appreciate it. BUT F$(#* all the rest of you self righteous pricks for thinking your shit don't stink. You gotta start some where...

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    plenty of us know what the kit is. we've just answered the question so many times we don't bother answering it anymore. the cheapest and easiest way to do this would be to buy a knockoff of this bumper in fiber glass and buy another galant specific aftermarket bumper in fiber glass, then cut them both in half horizontally and fiberglass them together so that the bumper will mount and fit. the widebody flares would have to be custom molded to the car and the sideskirts and rear bumper would have to be custom modified as well (the rear would possibly be like the front consisting of 2 half bumpers). ur looking at $2000-$3000 custom work on top of the cost of parts. if your budget is not around $4000, abandon this project or save until you can afford it.
    Thanks I will definitely consider this... appreciate the idea! Does any one happen to know of a website that might perhaps have a DIY of this? I've seen other DIY at home car rebuilds... just a thought.

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    look dude, I told you it was a BMW 3 series bumper, just couldn't remember exactly what it was called. There has actually been a few threads on here about this bumper before, but I wasn't going to do all the searching for you, that's your job.

If you would have searched "BMW bumper" you would have found this thread about 6 down from the top
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=bmw+bumper
    Read a couple posts and then BAM the answer is right there for you. But I guess that's too hard.

And what we mean by custom is not that the BUMPER is custom, but that the fitment on the Galant is custom. They also had to make a widebody to match the bumper.
    That said, are you going to go for it?

Dude you didn't tell me anything! You went back an edited your post. Look at three post later... you call it a JDM with a wide body... bla bla bla

I'm just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_db View Post
    :firedevil::tgc:

really dude?

HAHA ... I think it's funny you guys sit here and create in your minds what people are capable of. I appreciate all the good feed back. If you noticed I just joined this damn forum the other day, to find out about this body kit, which I have found thanks to you guys, but the rude comments, and dick swinging? Come on, I thought forums on the internet were made to inform people what they don't know. If you've been around the car world, then hey good for you, you probably know a lot. But for a "NEWBY" give me a freaking break. Are you serious? All I wanted to do was ask around about this body kit and if any body knew what it was and where to find it. So thank you guys for the information. I do appreciate it. BUT F$(#* all the rest of you self righteous pricks for thinking your shit don't stink. You gotta start some where...
    it would have been easier and much less painful to just search the forum. there is over 10 years of information and research in these pages and a search link on the top of almost every page. some terms to use for search would be "widebody", "brazil", "tornado". this topic has been covered numerous times.

blue8g
    Dude you didn't tell me anything! You went back an edited your post. Look at three post later... you call it a JDM with a wide body... bla bla bla

I'm just saying....
    Dude beam explained it.........he just didn't remember the exact kit

and he recommended the JDM as a less expensive and simpler alternative

Well... these terms... "widebody" "brazil" tornado" etc... etc.... I would not have known what to even look up in the first place if I didn't ask in this forum. WTF?

ANY WAYS>..

I have found the body kit and most likely will order soon. Any suggestions on the fenders of this car... and how to obtain that? Oh wait... I'll look up wide body??

ok... where do i get these wide body fenders front and back? any pointers on the links or searches in this forum... ???

Thanks,
    C

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

I'm just saying....
    yea too bad I edited the post like 1 minute after I made it. In fact, I edited it so close to the original post time that it didn't even show the edit history. But anyway that's why I told you to go back and reread my post, because I edited it. I was in the middle of posting when you posted the picture. And the BLACK Galant is a JDM kit. The RED Galant is the BMW Tornado bumper

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ok... where do i get these wide body fenders front and back? any pointers on the links or searches in this forum... ???

Thanks,
    C
    okay I'll answer this one nicely. As far as I'm aware, nobody makes a bolt-on widebody. If you check out "Billet"s car, he has a custom widebody. I'm assuming that that look is what you're going for. You can find pictures of his car in the MOD 2010 picture thread. If you want a widebody like that, you're going to have to go custom, or you can modify those universal fender flares. The only other option I can think of is the JDM Fender Flares, which don't really give it a widebody look, it just adds a subtle difference.

really dude?
    yes really this whole thread could have been avoided, there has to be 3 just like it already i know one happened about 8 months ago but it wasnt this funny lol

Thanks I will definitely consider this... appreciate the idea! Does any one happen to know of a website that might perhaps have a DIY of this? I've seen other DIY at home car rebuilds... just a thought.
    i will get off my all mighty custom 8G owner horse and help you out... this once. a good place to learn about fiberglass work and custom molds and such is www.fiberglassforums.com. just dont go there any ask noobish questions like this because those guys wont answer it AT ALL... real talk

Thanks,
    C

you dont get wide body kits at stores. they are made with pride at body shops all across the world you can however buy fender flares (a quick search will tell you all you need to know about them) cheers mate

yes really this whole thread could have been avoided, there has to be 3 just like it already i know one happened about 8 months ago but it wasnt this funny lol

i will get off my all mighty custom 8G owner horse and help you out... this once. a good place to learn about fiberglass work and custom molds and such is www.fiberglassforums.com. just dont go there any ask noobish questions like this because those guys wont answer it AT ALL... real talk

you dont get wide body kits at stores. they are made with pride at body shops all across the world you can however buy fender flares (a quick search will tell you all you need to know about them) cheers mate
    is this your red car in your post? Did you do these fenders yourself or have a body shop do them? Just curious...

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    The galant has a little flare but ricky_db tires are so tucked in that it give the illusion that he has some but that OEM fenders lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    The galant has a little flare but ricky_db tires are so tucked in that it give the illusion that he has some but that OEM fenders lol
    ^^^this is true. all i did was cut the lip out of the inside of my fenders to accommodate larger wheels. i actually do have fender flares laying around somewhere but decided not to use them due to the inevitable cracking of fiberglass to metal body parts when fused together seamlessly

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    ^^^this is true. all i did was cut the lip out of the inside of my fenders to accommodate larger wheels. i actually do have fender flares laying around somewhere but decided not to use them due to the inevitable cracking of fiberglass to metal body parts when fused together seamlessly

Yep the best bet is to find a pair of fiberglass fender there are some out there with those fins and mate the fiberglass finder flare to that, just like Reelax mentioned on how to do the front bumber.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    people do DIY at home because they have experience of doing body work and know how to do it. Its not hard if you have been doing it for a while

Thanks,
    C
    get the bumper first, take it to a body shop, tell them you want a wide body to match the bumper. first things first

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    Yep the best bet is to find a pair of fiberglass fender there are some out there with those fins and mate the fiberglass finder flare to that, just like Reelax mentioned on how to do the front bumber.
    oh yea i understand all that and that was the plan but i ride to low and i would rub a hole in them very quick with out knowing it. then i was just going to get the rear molded on or a new metal flare welded on and smoothed out but other projects have priority now plus the new wheels should fit no problem, but if not its off to the body shot

Well... these terms... "widebody" "brazil" tornado" etc... etc.... I would not have known what to even look up in the first place if I didn't ask in this forum. WTF?

ANY WAYS>..

I have found the body kit and most likely will order soon. Any suggestions on the fenders of this car... and how to obtain that? Oh wait... I'll look up wide body??
    ur getting ahead of yourself. you need to research. this forum and the entire internet are a good start. before you actually buy any parts you should know everything you need and what you need to do.

the widebody flares are custom, either completely made from scratch or universal fender flares are custom mated and molded into the body. the side skirts and bumpers are also customized to fit the rest of the parts. i am pointing you in the right direction because you seem very eager to do this, but being eager doesn't always translate into action and investment. read, read, and read, that is how those that have done this type of thing to their car have learned what they need. not knowing where to initially look has been solved, now once you start digging, more information will be available. the other option is to pay someone to do all of this for you... you are welcome to do that as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast