The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP - I'm looking for a particular body kit!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 85
    Thanks for the turn around guys. I appreciate it! I do plan on doing a little more research before jumping to quick on buying a kit. I just have a couple options in mind. But you are right that I need to read read read.

I am very eager...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    just be careful before you go throwing out thousands of dollars. I bought my 6G74 engine to swap it before I realized that I wasn't ready, and that time of my life was quite possible the shittiest time ever. I just felt tired and beaten down and lost all motivation. So I read up and prepped for a year and when I came back, I knew I was ready and it felt good. So just be sure that you know what you're getting into and don't jump in the pool until you know how to swim, because this is a lot of money that could possibly be wasted.

Exactly, just looking for the cheapest, but best quality product I can find for the body kit. I have found a sever different places that sell them, but looking to possibly purchase from an ebay dealer. I will post the product and ask for feedback when I piece everything together! Thanks!

As for front fenders I need to replace the passenger side fender any ways so it's a thought at going with the fiberglass wide body, but how do these hold up? What is the biggest size rim I can fit on the galant before I have wearing and rubbing problems?

19" ???

Here is the link of the body kit I am considering....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

let me know what you guys think. on a 2001 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by corbizzle View Post
    Exactly, just looking for the cheapest, but best quality product I can find for the body kit. I have found a sever different places that sell them, but looking to possibly purchase from an ebay dealer. I will post the product and ask for feedback when I piece everything together! Thanks!

As for front fenders I need to replace the passenger side fender any ways so it's a thought at going with the fiberglass wide body, but how do these hold up? What is the biggest size rim I can fit on the galant before I have wearing and rubbing problems?

19" ???
    well cheap and best quality don't get along, i'll just let you know that from the start. as far as wheel fitments, that will depend on width, offset, drop and tire size... you can fit 22" wheels on an 8g if the offset, width, tire and drop are right. if you go wide or flared fender, then ur going to be able to go wider (of course) to need to do some measuring to determine how much wider/lower offset u can go. fitment is a whole 'nother topic from bodykits... again read, read, read.

Here is the link of the body kit I am considering....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

let me know what you guys think. on a 2001 Galant
    yeah that's a knockoff of the e46 tornado kit. it's gonna take that kit and a galant kit to make it work (cutting both in half and joining them).

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post

yeah that's a knockoff of the e46 tornado kit. it's gonna take that kit and a galant kit to make it work (cutting both in half and joining them).
    what galant kit would you recommend Reelax?

I like your ride by the way. pretty close to that tornado kit I fell for...

I understand on the wheels what you are saying, curious to find out do I find the wheels/rims/tires first and then base my flare off of that?? or vise-versa?

Thanks for all the info.

Got a quote started today from a local body shop. Will have the numbers by monday for some kind of idea!!! WORD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

heres a link for the knockoff front but first think about a plan of attack, widebody, converversion, alot of custom work will be needed cause thats what ur doing seeing that this ain't a galant specific. trust ive been there and some, while its a forum some point u in the direction no hand holding is implied
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

what galant kit would you recommend Reelax?

I like your ride by the way. pretty close to that tornado kit I fell for...

I understand on the wheels what you are saying, curious to find out do I find the wheels/rims/tires first and then base my flare off of that?? or vise-versa?
    You need to have a goal on how much wider the fenders will be, then you can know what size, width, and offset wheel would work best. THEN you need to buy or find some wheels to test fit before you spend $5000 on the custom fit widebody specific wheels. All said and done, it wouldn't be abnormal to have spent well over $10,000-20,000 to accomplish this all and to show quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

heres a link for the knockoff front but first think about a plan of attack, widebody, converversion, alot of custom work will be needed cause thats what ur doing seeing that this ain't a galant specific. trust ive been there and some, while its a forum some point u in the direction no hand holding is implied
    I see this is a knockoff of what I'm looking for, but the shape of the bumper is not the same. Close... but not it. That other link I posted is more what I'm looking for.

looks like my ac went out. Need to replace the blower motor... If it's not one thing it's another.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Just a word of advice. You may be eager to get going, but think first. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    Just a word of advice. You may be eager to get going, but think first. Trust me on this.
    Just wondering what your reasoning is... have you had a bad experience?

AGAIN: any suggestions on shaping these fenders like the orange one pictured??

Not a bad experience, but I made some choices that I wish I didn't and I could have saved my self some money instead of jumping in without a true plan.

I do have one suggestion. Instead of blowing so much money on a wide body kit, it is possible to keep the fenders normal and just cut a piece out of the center of the bumper and make it the size of our car, fiberglass it, paint it, and your done?

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I do have one suggestion. Instead of blowing so much money on a wide body kit, it is possible to keep the fenders normal and just cut a piece out of the center of the bumper and make it the size of our car, fiberglass it, paint it, and your done?

I like that wide body look. The fenders look sweet. Thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure I'll to this... I'm still in the planning stage for sure. I've got an excel file going for prices and parts.

I'm looking for more DIY type fender flare wide body posts...

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

In this thread our vendor JM sells universal fender flares so you can get those and mold them to the car and the side skirts or get them molded:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=38862

And just found these on a old thread:

Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-26-2010 at 12:40 AM

4g64T 5spd

You are going to need to learn a lot about DIY fiberglassing and everything if you plan on doing this all your self. The only way its going to look as good as the pictures you want is if you do it seemless. In which case you will need a whole new paint job as well. No one is trying to get you to stop doing this idea, but everyone is trying to get you to realize the cash required behind it. This is not going to be cheap and most people who are new, jump in, and come back and blame the board for being completely broke.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories
    my bad that the front i was thinking on doing on my beamer, here u go
    Last edited by Predat-R; 07-26-2010 at 06:16 AM
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Quote Originally Posted by Predat-R View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...Q5fAccessories
    my bad that the front i was thinking on doing on my beamer, here u go
    yup ... that's it. Already got this one bookmarked. Thanks again!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast