The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: megan racing springs. NO DROP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 62
    you know what you do whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    you know what you do whatever you want
    well i wouldnt of said it if i wasnt going to do it.......

here are a couple of pictures with the springs installed. taken with phone so not that good gonna try and post differnt pics if i can.
    http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=img134.jpg]
    http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=img135.jpg
    http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/a...ent=img136.jpg
    Last edited by allrice4g64; 07-28-2010 at 09:47 PM

alright you riding on your bumstop and wait until it settled

I have a solution to this...

You said 170k was on last suspension how about your suspension was so shot you were scrapping the pavement when you were driving, now you have a proper suspension and its a little higher, but will handle better most likely.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I still think it should drop him at least a little bit considering how short the springs are..

alright today im going to buy a new bumstop and installed it on take a picture and after cut it half then take a picture we will see the difference

i lined the new megan springs to the oem springs and they are exactly the same length the only differnce is the megan springs have more coils then the stockers. iv had them in for about a week now prolly put 200 miles of city dirving on and they havent settled at all. i contacted megan racing it could be a possibility that they packaged them wrong and they are 99 and up springs for a v6 but there are no part numbers on the springs themself to verify this. also another wierd thing is megan racing puts there logo on the spring, but when the spring is installed in the car when u look at where it says megan racing its upside down no i dont think that they would put there logo on there and have it be upside down so something is not right. and no i didnt put them in upside down becaue that is impossible. i guess thats what i get for buying ebay shit first my external gate wont work now the springs. whats next my front mount gonna leak..... ugh!

welcome to the automotive field

alright dont got any picture yet but i go a drop after i cut the bumstop

should we really have to cut the bumpstop though if the springs them self say they will lower it 1.75 inch.

put it like this your car going to be stiff even with dead shock you springs are pretty much sitting a cuzion i already ask megan racing they said you got to cut them

ok get a pic of exactly needs to be cut and stuff so i know and i will do it tomorow after i wire my eprom.

cut the bottom of the bunpstop only leave the top on there

stupid question... the bumpstop is that yellow thing that goes over the strut cylinder or is it the rubber bushing deal that sits on top of the spring where the 3 bolts hold the assembly in?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Google is your friend ;D
    Look what a quick search on google for bumpstop brings up (this aren't galant ones but at least for a 8g they look similar to this don't know for 7g): For the 8g a yellow foamy thing.

Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-30-2010 at 09:27 PM

4g64T 5spd

cut it in half but leave the top on only

ok i understand now can you remove that bushing from the top of the strut assembly to or does that have to stay there?

you got to opened everthing again like you installed the spring and cut it in half put only the top on take off the bottom one and threre you go

in all honesty if your not even sure you have real megan springs on your car take them off and send them to megan. if megan says they arent real then they will confirm it with a letter or email . at that point you can contact ebays buyer section and get your money back and get real megan springs.
    two reasons why...if they arent megans you have no ideah what the spring rate is and if its going to make your car bounce down the highway like Tigger when you hit a bump at 60+. second since you dont know who made them you have no way of protecting your car from any dmg that is proven to be the result of the springs. I.E. if they were megans and caused you to crash due to improper spring rate their insurance would pay for the damages to your car.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast