The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Thoughts on nitrous?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Thoughts on nitrous?

So i've been contemplating this for a couple of weeks and I figured I would just get some opinions from people who know more than I do. I am totally new to nitrous, but I have been doing some research and i'm thinking about buying a wet kit for the g. Its a 6g72. Anybody already try it? How much spray would be safe? 50 shot? 75 shot? I'm about to lose my license for a DUI so it is gonna be a track car for a couple months. Gonna try to have a little fun with it lol and if the motor blows then I got an excuse for a swap

well if you're going to intentionally blow the engine why don't you beat your rims with a hammer, then throw rocks at the car, and rip off the bumpers? then you have an excuse to buy new rims, get a new paint job, and a body kit!

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by murphyx1209 View Post
    I'm about to lose my license for a DU
    FAIL

the new kid is just being enthusiastic about his car. can't fault him for that.

I just need to learn how to address my superiors.

"why the honda hate lol" - blue8g

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    so i've been contemplating this for a couple of weeks and i figured i would just get some opinions from people who know more than i do. I am totally new to nitrous, but i have been doing some research and i'm thinking about buying a wet kit for the g. Its a 6g72. Anybody already try it? How much spray would be safe? 50 shot? 75 shot? I'm about to lose my license for a dui so it is gonna be a track car for a couple months. Gonna try to have a little fun with it lol and if the motor blows then i got an excuse for a swap

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

So i've been contemplating this for a couple of weeks and I figured I would just get some opinions from people who know more than I do. I am totally new to nitrous, but I have been doing some research and i'm thinking about buying a wet kit for the g. Its a 6g72. Anybody already try it? How much spray would be safe? 50 shot? 75 shot? I'm about to lose my license for a DUI so it is gonna be a track car for a couple months. Gonna try to have a little fun with it lol and if the motor blows then I got an excuse for a swap

I dont think your engine is ready for that.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    well if you're going to intentionally blow the engine why don't you beat your rims with a hammer, then throw rocks at the car, and rip off the bumpers? then you have an excuse to buy new rims, get a new paint job, and a body kit!
    im not intentionally blowing it up, but i know that a lot of shit can go wrong with nitrous and this is my first shot at it. fyi, just got new rims and paint less than a year ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sick GTZ View Post
    FAIL

yeah, just got out of jail and i got a license for work and school. blew a .08 the morning after a party

yeah, just got out of jail and i got a license for work and school. blew a .08 the morning after a party
    Did you have this said license for work and school, before, or after you blew a .08

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    Did you have this said license for work and school, before, or after you blew a .08
    after, i got my dui in april. i just got the license today after an mva hearing and it is good for 45 days.

PrityG-lant03
    noitrous is lame..its a bit*h move..if u cnt take the time and make ur car fast naturally..dnt cheat and use nitrous..takes the fun out of racing..its fun on video games but thats it

i say fuck it and do it, if you plan on the swap then go out with a bang lol

do it, and tell us how it work out
    ________
    WHITE WIDOW SEEDS
    Last edited by BILLET; 04-11-2011 at 04:52 PM

I can get you some dynamite and while your forcing your engine into orbit you can light these throw em in the trunk and break the orbital pressure plate so you can be the first galant satalite in space......................

just found a 6g74 for $500 local. prob gonna buy it then give nitrous a shot on the 3.0. ill post the fndings if i acually go through with it lol

i guess if you know what your doing, it should be alright... i've messed with "the stuff" before and its fun, BUT like anything else, if your stupid with it, stupid is as stupid does... infact i'm in the process of getting parts for my engine build, FI fully built, and i'm really thinking about running "the stuff" for the track... its fricken amazing, but like sex or drugs, its really really... ADDICTING! hehehe

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    i guess if you know what your doing, it should be alright... i've messed with "the stuff" before and its fun, BUT like anything else, if your stupid with it, stupid is as stupid does... infact i'm in the process of getting parts for my engine build, FI fully built, and i'm really thinking about running "the stuff" for the track... its fricken amazing, but like sex or drugs, its really really... ADDICTING! hehehe
    thats why i wont touch nitrous lol to much addiction its a drug lol and boost is that anti drug but yet an addiction in itself lol

all depends if you abuse the nitrous or not. I have a 4 fogger setup on my toyota pickup, running a 100 shot. 22-re is a strong block but i have no idea how strong 4g64 block and your tranny is. with that in mind, i ran 1 step colder plug, had a ignition timing controller, msd 6al ignition. and my head is a stage 3 LC engineering head. 1st gear is really violent, 2nd 3rd and 4th wasnt as crazy, and i didnt bother squeezing in 5th since i cross the finish line dropping 5th. id say go for it, but when youre running turbo cars and they start walking away, pressing the nitrous button harder wont make you go faster. its funny but i did that alot.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

oops youre a v6....if i remember correctly the stock bottom end isnt all that strong. but dont quote me on that, since i have a 4 banger in my g.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

TGC Regular
    Your will internally blow up your motor bro.. I garentee it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast