The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fan not turning on.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Fan not turning on.

I was doing something on the engine and had it running. I noticed the (facing the car in front) left fan is not coming on...the bigger of the two fans. When I turn the AC on, the smaller one on the right turns on but the other never does.

I read on an other post that it cold be the water temp sensor. Is there a way to check this?

check if maybe need a new fan

It might be your relay or coolant temp sensor. Mine had did that before. There is a way in the Haynes manual if you have one. pot of boiling water and a DOM.

where is that relay at anyway ok just take of the plug to the fan put negative on one positive on the other see if it works

Where are you talking about when you say 'take off the plug'? I see the one right on the side of the fan, but man that's really hard to get any wires in there.

Never mind, seems to be the temp sensor. Unplugged the sensor when the car was on and the fan kicked in...all relays were good. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by KOF27; 07-24-2010 at 06:26 PM

don7G
    maybe the engine's still cold, wait for it to reach it's working temperature then the thermostat will do it's job