The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need a door

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    Mitsufied

I need a door

guyz,

I need the front passenger door for my 95 ES. My power lock and the power window does not work.

Dealer wants too much for each part, so I figure why not buy the entire door 'used'

It doesn't matter the color, just as long as everything works.

thanx

Why not check & see what's the problem? Is it a cut wire, blown fuse etc. It's probably easier to do that then to have the door shipped to you, installed, painted etc etc etc
    The pedal on the right is the gas, use it!

Tazz2000
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantUSA)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why not check & see what's the problem? Is it a cut wire, blown fuse etc. It's probably easier to do that then to have the door shipped to you, installed, painted etc etc etc Â*:D</div>

Amen to that. Have an electrician look at it before you go buying a whole door.

Experienced TGC Member
    At the very most you should need a new button cluster for the door. I saw one, on the site I ordered my headlamp from, for $45. If ya need the site shoot me an email.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

Mitsufied
    EH HEM!!!!

HOW DUMB DO Y'ALL THINK I'D BE TO JUST GO OUT AND BUY A DOOR, BECAUSE MY WINDOW AND LOCK DOESN'T WORK?

IN MY ORIGINAL POST........ I DID NOT GO INTO DETAIL, BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO 'BORE' ANYONE WITH WHAT I DID..... WHERE I TOOK THE CAR TO GET IT CHECKED OUT........ ETC ETC.

IF YOU NEED DETAILS THEN HERE IT GOES:

1. THE POWER DOOR MOTOR IS BAD...... THERE IS NO 'CUT WIRE' OR 'ELECTRICAL SHORT' {I HAD A PROFESSIONAL CHECK THIS OUT FOR ME}. THEREFORE I NEED A NEW MOTOR. DEALER WANTS TOO MUCH FOR IT.

2. THE WINDOW SWITCH IS NOT THE PROBLEM, IT'S THE MOTOR {I HAD A PROFESSIONAL CHECK THIS OUT FOR ME}. THEREFORE I NEED A NEW MOTOR. DEALER WANTS TOO MUCH FOR IT.

THRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT I HAD THESE TWO PROBLEMS THOROUGHLY ANALIZED.

ALL MY SCREWS ARE TIGHT AND I'M FIRING ALL 4 PISTONS..... I DON'T THROW MONEY AWAY

*** FYI ***

I WAS GETTING THE DOOR TO REMOVE BOTH MOTORS AND PUT THEM IN MY DOOR.

>>>>>> A JUNK YARD FROM THE BRONX, NYC QUOTED ME A PRICE ON A DOOR ALREADY (I WILL NOT SAY THE PRICE HERE BECAUSE I'M HOPING THAT SOMEONE WILL HAVE ONE CHEAPER).

SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP OR KNOWS SOMEONE WHO CAN, THEN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

THANX GUYZ......... NO HARD FEELINGS OKAY

Tazz2000
    U need to chill. All you have to say is that you already had these things checked out. We don't need a CAPS EXPLANATION of what happen. Just tell us u already did it. RREELLAAXX

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tazz2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>U need to chill. All you have to say is that you already had these things checked out. We don't need a CAPS EXPLANATION of what happen. Just tell us u already did it. RREELLAAXX</div>

You got that one right,

U dont have to get all worked up, the more specific u get, the more specific answers you'll get...alot of us on this board are quite knowledgeable on this subject, and we are here to help the only reason we told u to have it checked out is we didnt want to see u drop mad loot on a door u dont need when it might have been some 5$ problem,...if u want a new door, go to junkyarddog.com, they will get u the cheapest price from a junkyard, just be a little more polite to them as you were us

hope we gave u the answeres u wanted,

dean

smonijhay
    .........damn :shock:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tazz2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>U need to chill. All you have to say is that you already had these things checked out. We don't need a CAPS EXPLANATION of what happen. Just tell us u already did it. RREELLAAXX</div>

AMEN

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    word chill out for a sec dude. you know i be the one for all the top prices in the bx. let me guess u checked out hunts point and they gave u a price like 2-300 for the door right? i can get u the doors cheap, but i gotta do a lot of researching and i need the price that u got so i can beat my guys out on the deal.

P.S.

Don't sound like a rice boy with an attitude, You asked for help but was misunderstood. We at TGC work together as a union no a 'family' so to speak. We gotta stick together you know.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Mitsufied

An apology to all TGC members

Guyz,

First of all let me say, "Sorry."

I did not mean to come out mean in my response. To be quite honest, when I read the response to my original post (I need a door) and someone mentioned that I should get the problems checked out first before I go getting a door..... I felt insulted, because I thought that person was being sacarstic. But I know now that I mis-interpreted that person's response. That person was actually trying to look out for me, as you all do for one another.

So again, "I am sorry to that person and to all others who have read that response I did in all caps."

To be quite honest, this forum and the previous one has taught me so much stuff about my 7G, and as a result it has saved me hundreds of $$$ (perhaps even thousands of $$$) in repair costs and other things pertaining to my car.

Sincerely,
    HS

Tazz2000
    Did you find a new door? :explode:

Mitsufied

To Tazz2000

I did not get the door........ but I did better......... I got the window motor for $75.00 from a junkyard in Missouri. They did not charge tax and the shipping was free.

I got the power door lock for $50.00 from another junkyard. Again no tax and free shipping.

Both items are in transit to me for delivery.

I can't remember who posted me the link to the JUNK YARD SEARCH ENGINE...... but BIG THANKS to you, cause it worked.

Over and Out TGC Crew

HS

MitsuMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>go to junkyarddog.com, they will get u the cheapest price from a junkyard

dean</div>

YEAH, that was me......lol, glad to see things worked out for u,....told ya we could help ya for cheap!!, ITS WHAT WE DO!!....BTW, how great is JYD?...it rocks!

dean

dre24k
    i got the whole driver's side door for $70 with all the inside mechanics and window.

you paid too much?!