The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAP sensor

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

MAP sensor

Hate to make another post,but it pertained to a new question and I originally posted it under the no coolant in over flow tank,but recieved no replys.Okay, I have one more serious question. I noticed that there was a hissing under my hood bad and traced it to the MAP sensor it is on their but it has a gap in it sucking in a shit load of air. I took the two screws out and pulled it every thing looked good on it. So i put it back in to see if i could adjust it. It wont let you because the way the holes line up to the throttle body housing that the MAP sensor attaches to. So I was wondering if there is some way of making it seal i completly off. It cant be good letting in air without it being monitored by the Mass Air Flow Sensor right. I have no codes but,it has to affect it with more air getting inside of it,from the vaccum leak of the MAP sensor,right?
    So how should I go about fixing it,can i put some RTV sealant around it when it is cooled down and car off and let it dry and see what happens or what. The O ring seal on the MAP sensor is fine and not dry rotted are anything like that so why is it letting that much air. It suppose to be sealed off completly right? Any suggestions would be appreciated guys!

Any ideas?