The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C compressor Bracket

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

A/C compressor Bracket

Getting ready to put my 6g74 in and realized that the a/c compressor bracket doesn't mate up with the a/c compressor from the 8g. I know beam's tutorial says it does, but it seems like the later diamantes use a different part # compressors than the earlier ones. ( he used a 2002 in his swap, mine is a 97) I'm having a hard time finding a 6g72 a/c compressor bracket, so I was wandering if anybody knew if a 4g64 bracket would work. Since the compressors are different part #s, I'm guessing no.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I have an extra bracket that is exactly the same as the 6G72. In fact I think it is my old 6G72 bracket

oh and I'll update the tutorial. Anyone know the years the the compressor switched over to match the 6G72 compressor?

Looks like 97-98 had a different one than the 99-on. How much you want for the bracket?

probably just $15 + shipping. It might fit in a flat rate shipping box. Lemme go find it

thanks, but i think i'm just going to delete the a/c for now. I have to get this project finished by the end of the week so i'll just deal with it later

all right then. If you figure out a belt length for the A/C delete and have a part number, could you post it up?

I found this website, it's pretty cool - http://www.vbeltsupply.com/ecommerce.../k-series-poly
    - gives the corresponding part #'s for other manufactures too (i.e. dayco,napa, etc.)
    the stock diamante belt is 48" and I think 3-4 inches shorter would work fine to remove the a/c compressor, maybe this one:
    http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=Dayco+5060445

I'll pick one up and we'll see what happens.

sorry but no update on the belt, I just ended up getting a compressor at the junkyard (only $25)