The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Setup

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Suspension Setup

I still haven't purchased my springs yet so I'll ask a couple more Qs before I do. I know Tein has two different kits, one specifically for the V6 model (I have a I4). Is there a reason Megan or Progress don't do the same? I want to do a 2" drop in the front and under 2" in the rear so I was looking at the Megan Springs. Progress only make 3g springs which work but will they look the same in height on our rides? Here's my ride, and I'm not doing any crazy wheel setup. Just 15" 3g rims and stock tire size. What do you all think?

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    if you want more of a drop get Megans. But since your going so low i suggest you get KYB AGX's. If you dont wat so much of a drop go with Tien's. You can get away with normal GR-2's since the drop wouldnt be that much. Answer your question? pretty much different brands, more or less drop lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Progress makes a set for the 8G.. or at least they used to. I'm running Progress springs. I believe they are a 2.0+ inch drop all around. I think the 3G set is less of a drop.

oops not 2.0+ all around, but 2.2 up front and 1.8 in the back
    http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/...idproduct=4400

I was looking for the KYB AGXs too. At a 2" drop, could I get away with not getting a camber kit or not?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    it would be suggested when you lower your car to get your camber back to factory settings. i have coilovers but im not running a camber kit.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

u will most likely need to get a camber kit for the rear if u drop over 1.75".

Ok. What's a good kit to get? I was looking on Andy's auto sport, JDM Hub and Import Car Parts Plus. I'll just do both front and rear.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RayDub View Post
    Ok. What's a good kit to get? I was looking on Andy's auto sport, JDM Hub and Import Car Parts Plus. I'll just do both front and rear.
    Ingalls kits are used all over our community, and I've heard of eibach too.

4g64T 5spd

does ingalls make a specific rear kit for the 8g or am I going to have to look for it under the 3g?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset View Post
    does ingalls make a specific rear kit for the 8g or am I going to have to look for it under the 3g?
    On ImportCarPartsPlus its under the 3g:
    http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/3g...ion.htm#Camber Kits

4g64T 5spd

Ingalls makes 3 kits for 8Gs
    1st: is a washer set. Cheap but hard to configure if your a noob at suspension
    2nd: is a bracket kits with -1/+1 camber adjustment. this is good if you just get springs to lower car
    3rd: is a bracket kit with -3/+3 camber adjustment, this kit is best if you get a coilover/damper set up an drop the car