The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: outlander manifold and Throttle body

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Icon5 outlander manifold and Throttle body

Ok TGC lets do some thinking here. I have all the parts for the outlander mani swap. I have the mani and the TB from the outlander. Here is the question does the tb from the outlander bigger or the same as the V6. I know that the tb of the diamante v6 is a little bigger than the galant v6. Should I keep the tb from the outlander or get a v6 tb? will it bolt on to the outlander mani? any Sensors issue? Does anyone have any of these settup

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

would like to know as well...
    Thomas R aka Valpen
    --------------------
    CEO & Eventmanager
    Mitsubishi Club Sweden

Former New yorker....
    94-10 60th Ave
    113 73 Elmhurst, NY
    School PS13 - then moved to Europe

In not sure about tb size, but I have a v6 and I swapped
    for diamante mani and used my stock tb, it bolted on, but the inlet size of my tb
    is smaller than the inlet of mani. Everything else bolted on, except the egr
    pipe coming from exhaust. It's just a little short and off to the side, so it doesn't
    reach the mani. So I had to delete egr completely, now I get a CEL on, but no noticable
    performance issues. The is also a thread on the swap in the "how to" section
    look it up, a lit of useful information.

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    outlander tb same size as the galant i4 tb?

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    outlander tb same size as the galant i4 tb?
    As far as I know, outlander is v6, so the tb must be same as diamante.
    But I might be wrong

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i have the outlander manifold in the galant now, it came off an i4 non mivec engine. never found out if they share the same size TB as the i4 galants crappy one bolted to the crappy stock (black) manifold

Yeah, the outlander tb size looks the same as the galant since they both I4. I think i'm wrong anyone has an idea.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

anyone???????

SOHC Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    since you're going to be swapping anyway, why don't you just pull both the 8G I4 TB and the Outlander TB and measure them? then we'll have a definitive answer.

And yes, being that an I4 manifold bolts to an I4 TB, and a V6 TB fits on the I4 manifold, and an I4 TB fits on the Outlander manifold, the V6 TB will bolt up to the Outlander manifold

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Agree with beam514

The 03 outlander TB is alil bigger than the I4 TB...The outlander TB is 60mm and the Diamente is 65mm. You can bolt the v6 TB to the outlander or to the I4 intake manifold. Their is a thread on how to do this swap and everything your going to need, and also make sure you have extra hoses or go to pep boys and get extra hoses from them cuz their is one that dosnt reach.

To answer you question: Outlander and v6 Galant have the same size TB
    Link: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39355

Also this is for people that are 5 speed and turbocharged or just 5 speed...not sure if anybody knows but the Evo 8 TB fits the 4g64 intake manifold. Just simple re-wiring here and there thats all. I need to go though my notes again for I can give you guys the wiring for the connector to the TPS. The only thing Im not sure if its a good idea for people running stock G intake manifold since the Evo TB is I believe 63 or 64mm in size and the G stock TB and intake amifold is alot smaller. Might be better with the outlander intake manifold but I could be wrong, but If it was me I would throw it on the 03 outlander intake manifold.
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 08-03-2010 at 02:25 PM

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Thanks bro, I have the outlander mani, i will get the diamante tb because is bigger. I just wanted to make sure that the v6 diamante tb fix the outlander mani. I will make sure that tbps is from a diamante. from stock tb to a diamante 65mm opening is a big inprovement. I just will have to sell back the outlander tb.

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Thanks bro, I have the outlander mani, i will get the diamante tb because is bigger. I just wanted to make sure that the v6 diamante tb fix the outlander mani. I will make sure that tbps is from a diamante. from stock tb to a diamante 65mm opening is a big inprovement. I just will have to sell back the outlander tb.
    Remember that the IAC on the 6g74 TB connector is different and bigger than the Gs' stock connector. So you will have to find a junk yard or something and steal the connector off of a 6g74 motor and wire it up to your stock harness.lol Goodluck man let me know how it goes.
    I also believe two of the wires need to be switched around...???hmmmm you might have to research that one just incase.
    Last edited by Galantfan88; 08-03-2010 at 04:34 PM

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantfan88 View Post
    Remember that the IAC on the 6g74 TB connector is different and bigger than the Gs' stock connector. So you will have to find a junk yard or something and steal the connector off of a 6g74 motor and wire it up to your stock harness.lol Goodluck man let me know how it goes.
    I also believe two of the wires need to be switched around...???hmmmm you might have to research that one just incase.
    You need the pigtail for the 6G74 IAC. I don't think you have to switch any other wires around, just splice the new pigtail onto where you old pigtail used to be, with the pins in the same places (for the V6 at least).

I would say just run the Outlander TB for the time being if it's really 60mm. The 65mm isn't that much of an upgrade at this point, or at least not worth the trouble you might have to go through

i was running outlander intake mani with outlander tb the outlander tb is bigger its all plug and play with the exception of switching the 2 outer wires of the tps sensor because its on the opposite side of the tb so it turns in the reverse direction. if your running a cold air you can hear a big difference in the higher rpm's sounds mean. P.S. i have all my 4cyl stuff for sale going V6
    Last edited by deeznutz; 08-03-2010 at 06:39 PM

wow ok. You getting a new v6 G. It just for added power?

SOHC Turbo

i purchased a v6 g my plans are to swap out frames and go 6g74 swap with a 5 speed i have mostly everything just missing a few little things which i ordered from the dealer may be in 2 ti 3 weeks my g will be up and running

Nice good luck keep us posted.

SOHC Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^Any update on your swapping the 6G74 TB to the Outlander IM? I might need to do this as well...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

hey. look guys i found my answer thanx for the info
    i plan on doing this swap as well since mine is cracked and i alrdy have the v6 TB
    whos to say i wont get the full assy but its good to kno i can still use the 6g72 TB if it dont come with a TB same with the injectors

search and u shal recieve

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...outlander+swap
    lmao at this too

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    hey. look guys i found my answer thanx for the info
    i plan on doing this swap as well since mine is cracked and i alrdy have the v6 TB
    whos to say i wont get the full assy but its good to kno i can still use the 6g72 TB if it dont come with a TB same with the injectors

search and u shal recieve

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...outlander+swap
    lmao at this too
    You're No longer a newb man.
    I read the thread on the link you posted, I LOL'ed at how many times the newb shook his damn head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast