The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HORN---- not working!!!!

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Icon9 HORN---- not working!!!!

I have a 99 galant, my horn stopped working, so i tryed checking the horn itself, i connected the horn staight to the battery and works, then i have checked the relay and tested the power and no power, so im not getting any power from the Relay to horn........ however iam getting power at the fuse box, what should i do, pls someone help me!!!!!!!!! thanks in advance

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Could be your relay, horn button, or clock spring.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    check the fuse first tho
    03 I4

When your horn doesn't work does your cruise control work? If not, it's your clock spring.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

cool thanks ill check that and let you guys know thanks

does anyone have a totorial on how to take of the steering wheel off and and change the clock spring w/ pics, any help will be appriceated....

I can give you steps on how to do it.

Disconnect battery
    Use the star bit required to take off the steering wheel (screws on both sides of the steering wheel)
    Take the steering wheel off and disconnect the clock spring.
    Basically thats how it goes.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

update!!!! i had tested the cruise control, the light came on at first on the dash (cruise) and when i drove the car it didnt work so i parked the car and tryed to turn off the cruise control light, it wouldnt turn off until i had turned off the car, then i turned on the car, the cruise control light wont turn on anymore and the SRS light stays on, would it still be the Clock spring or something else now.......

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    if your srs is on, the cruise wont work and the horn wont work, its most definetly the clockspring as all 3 of those signals go thru it.

An update to how to remove the steering wheel. Disconnect battery, wait about 10 minutes, remove the Torx screws in the side of the steering wheel, there is one on each side, with those out, the airbag will slide out from the center, disconnect the wire on the airbag, set the airbag aside in a safe place. I always wear gloves when doing this, you dont want any static electricity around an airbag. Once the airbag is out, disconnect the wiring from the clockspring that goes to the connector under the steering column cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thanks stewi, and keith6110, where can i get one cheap money is pretty limited, thanks again.......... so the horn button should be ok then right????

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

Yep horn button is fine. Just replace the clock spring and go from there if the issue isn't resolved.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

thanks guys ill keep you all posted !!!!

just to clarify things, make sure you get specifically for your car's year,cause the 99-01 clock spring connector is different from 02-03

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

update!!!! i finally changed the clockspring and what do you know that was the problem, just wanna say thanks to all that helped me..... its fixed