The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: please help: passenger window

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Icon4 please help: passenger window

So about 3 1/2 years ago my passenger window went out. at first it just quite and for about 6 months it would work sometimes and sometimes it wouldnt, it finaly just quite working at all. well I finaly got tired of it today. so I went to the junk yard and picked up a new motor for $45 alittle high but it was the only one within driving distance. But it didnt fix it. I tested the new one and it works. when I try to roll the window up there is a clicking noise that comes from the passenger side switch. but the passenger side switch works on the back door so its not the switch. it also makes the noise when I put the back switch on the front. Has anyone else ever had this happen or know what is happening? does anyone know how to fix it or any trouble shooting options?
    Thanks

replace the driers side switch for that door if poss. sum times if that one fails it will bypass the switch in the line drivers is first thats why you have a lock on that door only it controls all doors

I figured out what was wrong with my window. The problem was in the wires. The previous owner had replaced the door due to an accedent and they had cut the wires between the car and the door and one of them had worked loose.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

I found this thread via search. I'm having the same problems.

I will try the infos you have posted and try to see a mechanic.

Thanks.
    I wanna be a Billionaire... so freakin' bad...

yea if you have ever notice when driving in the rain with the windows cracked all the water comes in and drips on the window switch. I had this same problem before.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    i just replaced my master window switch cuz it stopped rolling down the passenger side windows but it would roll them up lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

swap to manual windows. problem solved

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Just for the record mine is fixed.

Try putting the back passenger window switch on the front passenger door and see if it works then. If so then it's your front passenger switch.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....