The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick stereo question need help fast

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Quick stereo question need help fast

So I just got my car back from the shop. The guy had to run a code reader and now when I turn on my stereo all it read is codE. I have the stock stereo in my 97. Can anyone please help me? I'm leaving for work in 20 minutes and I really don't want to drive all the way there in silence.

it means your radio needs its factory security CODE

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    You can only get the code from the dealer. Theres a mitsu dealer in Keene, New Hamshire just give them a call and tell them your radio is locked they will ask for your VIN number and they will give you the code. Its called Fairfield. I had the number in my phone didnt realize I didnt have it anymore though.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    google search ain't too hard. But I'm in a good mood lol
    Keene Mitsubishi, Fairfield
    888-303-7769

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    ^^ LOL the good thing about that dealer is there shipping is dirt cheap n you dont have to pay taxes. lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

i realize this is like 5 days old, but i figured i'd add, just in case you haven't taken care of it, or somebody else reads this looking for info. the dealer can't pull the code with the vin. you need the radio's serial number from the sticker on top of the headunit. call them with that and they can get you your 4 digit unlock code. dont just guess at it either because after 3 wrong attempts you'll lock yourself out and have to do an hour-long reset procedure before you can get it to try again. you can also pm me the serial number and i can get you the code as well

Thanks. I just tried calling with the VIN. How do I get the front faceplate off so I can pull out the stereo. I eventually plan to put in my aftermarket stereo, but I have to drive my car to work which is 45 minutes away and I'd rather do it with music.

Okay so I got it all fixed. I figured out how to get the faceplate off and then as I pull out the stereo there is a 4 digit number written in permanent marker. I guess someone already has this problem. So just an FYI once you have the number you then have to hit the #4 button on the stereo. This is not preset #4 its whatever your manual has labeled as the #4 button. Mine on the 97 with the tape deck and all is the button to the left of the tape deck that says TAPE on it.