The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need some help..

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

I need some help..

Recently I started saving more and more of my money, the thing is I'm not sure what to do with it. I want to start looking more into a 5-speed swap, but at the same time I'm thinking of getting a new paint job. A few parts of my galant were repainted and don't match the rest and that really bugs me. Anyway, can anyone photoshop these 2 pictures with a black or blue paintjob? I'd just like to see a picture so I can decide which direction I'm going to go.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    str8 5spd

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Keep the money in savings since there is zero security in today's job market?

I haven't heard of anyone who was disappointed with the 5 speed swap. Everybody has their issues to overcome during the install, but the results seem well worth the time and investment.

New paint isn't a bad idea, but if you see snow where you live, it seems like a waste. Car looks decent in the pictures and a quality paint job should cost roughly the same as the swap. I vote for power / speed over looks but the choice is ultimately yours.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Each has its pros and cons but i just cant seem to weigh out one or the other lol.

i keep hearin every1 talkin bout the 5 speed swap how much is it about?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    research it on the site
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

The whole car will cost you around $3000+ if they do it right. That includes fixing all the bumps and dents. 5 speed will cost you around 1000 to 1300. I just got my car painted in my body shop that i work in. Yes the car looks great but i should have gone 5 speed with the money i spend on the paint. Just because people in NY don't care if your car looks great they will scratch it and mess up your bumper when you park. A lot of maintenance to keep the paint looking fresh and wet. "WET means super clean with polish" every week, Is all up to you, LOOKS or performance. I tell you if you go 5 speed you will have more fun and gain power. I'm crazy to get it done but I'm broke because of the paint job. Right now i'm going for rims because the one i have takes the look away from the paint "good paint job bad rims lol" my current projects are rear break conversion and outlander mani. Last will be 5 speed
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-11-2010 at 05:03 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    The whole car will cost you around $3000+ if they do it right. That includes fixing all the bumps and dents. 5 speed will cost you around 1000 to 1300. I just got my car painted in my body shop that i work in. Yes the car looks great but i should have gone 5 speed with the money i spend on the paint. Just because people in NY don't care if your car looks great they will scratch it and mess up your bumper when you park. A lot of maintenance to keep the paint looking fresh and wet. "WET means super clean with polish" Is all up to you. LOOKS or performance. I tell you if you go 5 speed you will have fun. I'm crazy to get it done but broke because of the paint.
    i got u on that 5 speed when your ready

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    i got u on that 5 speed when your ready
    Thanks bro. We will make it happen.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    The whole car will cost you around $3000+ if they do it right. That includes fixing all the bumps and dents. 5 speed will cost you around 1000 to 1300. I just got my car painted in my body shop that i work in. Yes the car looks great but i should have gone 5 speed with the money i spend on the paint. Just because people in NY don't care if your car looks great they will scratch it and mess up your bumper when you park. A lot of maintenance to keep the paint looking fresh and wet. "WET means super clean with polish" every week, Is all up to you, LOOKS or performance. I tell you if you go 5 speed you will have more fun and gain power. I'm crazy to get it done but I'm broke because of the paint job. Right now i'm going for rims because the one i have takes the look away from the paint "good paint job bad rims lol" my current projects are rear break conversion and outlander mani. Last will be 5 speed

That's how it is at school it's like people don't even care how they drive. I see kids hit cars and fling doors open all the time. Anyway, My friend had his truck painted with this dude who owns a shop a few miles from me and it looked great. he quoted me $1800 that's with all the body work not just a crappy spray job that's why it was so tempting lol. the more i think about it the more i think about the 5-speed though. I'll get more fun out of driving the car than looking at a new paint job anyway.

I suggest doing what is more appealing to you. Something fun to use, or something nice to look at. That is the hardest part to decide. Of course I'll say 5-speed, but my perspective on things has always been "go before show."
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

5-speed FTW.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

BLACK...

i like the match of headlights, and grill.. get it blackk...

and 5 SPEED it.. i wanna do that to mine.. well wanted to. .lol

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

thanks man. I plan on blue or black or possibly just repainting it silver eventually, I just didn't know which one to do first. I have too many ideas floating around in my head sometimes lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    If it was for me to decide, I would do the 5spd swap.

as many of you guys have probably learned.. im big on cosemetics.. lol.. =)... but goo for the 5 speed.. its all up to where your priorities lieee.. or layy.. idk.. w.e.. fudge ma grmmar.. or is it vocabulary... w.e.. fail..

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Bro think it like this.
    1. Are you going to spend more time looking at the car or driving it.
    2. My opinion is you going to drive it more.
    3. So you will gain more doing a 5 speed. U wont stop driving it, because is a new toy for you.
    4. You could always paint the car later, like you said people around your school are crazy so i will give you about 1 week to find a scratch on your new paint, you going to be mad.

SOHC Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Like these other guys, I am biased towards the 5 speed, for two reasons:
    1) 5 speed is a lotttttt of fun
    2) my car was hit and run in my college's resident parking lot. College students, and young adults in general, are assholes when it comes to cars. Two years ago I had the opportunity to get one of my doors fixed after a guy backed into and T-boned me (idiot). I took the money and saved it for my 6G74 swap

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I am going to start saving basically all my money for the swap. Hopefully it wont be too long before I can get everything.

For sure. Let us know how it turns out.

SOHC Turbo