The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HID headlights and fog lights

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

HID headlights and fog lights

This may be a stupid question but its just something i've been thinking about. I am planning on buying a HID headlight kit and i wanted to replace my broken fog lights:

1.Do you think i could wire HID bulbs to this fog light http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web..._A|GRP2044____

2.Would I need some kind of additional power supply, or is having 4 ballasts in your car ok?

My reason for wanting them both is because I'm getting 8000K for my headlights for the brightness and the color, and 5000K for the performance brightness in my fog lights because I do a lot of driving near the woods at night in the winter when I go hiking.

Thanks for your help.

You should be fine getting those. They might require a bit of work for fitment into your car and those fogs may take different bulbs but everything should work out for you after a bit of research for the bulb type. I have 3 hid kits on my car =) No extra power supply needed.

If you put the hids in non projecting headlights or fogs you'll want to use 35w ballasts which will actually use less power than original bulbs. Good luck man!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

I would try to find some OEM fogs, what G do you have

1. There are HID H3 bulbs but I don't know about fitment, they should be plug and play but i think HID bulbs are longer than normal halogens,

2. You should be able to run 2 ballasts without problem I was in my 8g and had the foglights ones wire through a relay, now I have 2 relays 1 for the heads ballast and the other for fogs this applies if we are talking about 35w HID, with 55w you need relay harnesses for sure. An just a suggestion for the foglights the most visibility is achieved using a yellow light such as 3000K HID, relay harnesses are sold at ddmtuning and other hid retailers.

4g64T 5spd