The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttle body swap question

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Throttle body swap question

did some searching... about v6 intake throttle body vs I4....v6 is 60-65mm and the i4 is less.....

WHen you guys are talking about the "mm" 60mm throttle body what are you guys measuring the diamter of the throttle body connecting to the intake tubing???

cuzz i got a 70mm throttle body from a member here and its the same size of my current throttle body i have on my i4....

its either i have a upgraded throttle body on my galant all this time or the dude just sold me a i4 throttle body.......

sorry no pictures just my fustration

like always thanks in advance and always appricate help/input
    Last edited by jamesgalant; 08-04-2010 at 07:37 PM
    wise up or stand down

Pic above is a Diamante TB and I think that is how you measure it. The stock I4 TB is 54mm, I think.
    Last edited by Conjee; 08-04-2010 at 07:49 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    mmm I think it should be the inside diameter of the opening on the TB that connects to the manifold
    EDIT: you know I'm really not sure lol

THanks for the fast replies guys... thanks conjee that pic looks like a v6 throttle body insepecting the i4 throttle body it has 70mm diameter where it connects to intake tubing but it "bottle necks" going in... meaning its not 70 mm all the way through... cuzz if i meausred the inside it is alot smaller......should i measure the diameter where the things flips open???
    wise up or stand down

I would think the easiest way to determine the mm of the tb is to measure the butterfly itself since it must fit into the narrowest part of the throttle body

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    70mm??? Whats the TB from? What motor is it from? You should measure the outside and the inside butterfly diameter.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgalant View Post
    THanks for the fast replies guys... thanks conjee that pic looks like a v6 throttle body
    Galant 6G72 V6 = 60mm
    Diamante 6G74 V6 = 65mm

the one he posted is a Diamante TB
    as for the true "size", I think you should measure the smallest inner diameter, because that is what is going to restrict airflow a lot. It might just be the diameter of the butterfly valve

thanks for the help guys....ur expertise is always appreciated...just measured the throttle body its an I4...........70mm is the intake tubing but at the butterfly valve is a whooping 54mm.....so in the end im left with 1 galant and two I4 throttle bodies....COOL...if any one needs a I4 throttle body lemme know....Lesson learned...
    wise up or stand down

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgalant View Post
    thanks for the help guys....ur expertise is always appreciated...just measured the throttle body its an I4...........70mm is the intake tubing but at the butterfly valve is a whooping 54mm.....so in the end im left with 1 galant and two I4 throttle bodies....COOL...if any one needs a I4 throttle body lemme know....Lesson learned...
    I have a 6g74 TB if your looking for one.

I would love to have one for my outlander mani.. PM me for a price. Thats the 65mm(diamante) right?
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-05-2010 at 03:03 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    I would love to have one for my outlander mani.. PM me for a price. Thats the 65mm(diamante) right?
    PM sent